Cayman OC only event @ Bedford Autodrome - date options

Windymiller

So I had the response below from MSV - currently ‘pending’....

I’ll follow up next week. 

——————————————————

Hi Jason

Thank you for your email, we’re really pleased to hear you’ve enjoyed your events with us this year.

We don’t currently have any further How Fast dates arranged for the rest of the year so I’d need to check with the manager to see if we could arrange a date for yourselves. Unfortunately he’s on holiday this week, but he should be able to look into this when he returns to the office next week. As soon as we have further news we’ll be sure to let you know.

Kind regards

Alex Nevill

Sales Executive

MotorSport Vision Trackdays

Brands Hatch, Fawkham, Longfield, Kent DA3 8NG

T: 0843 453 3000
E: alex.nevill@msv.com 
W: www.msvtrackdays.com

Brands Hatch | Cadwell Park | Oulton Park | Snetterton | Bedford Autodrome | Donington Park | Laon Autodrome

25 minutes ago, Peopleandcars said:

sounds awesome - could they offer 1-to-1 tuition with their track program too?  as I am just starting out on track I think this would be a great opportunity :)

They have instructors on hand at their events for £20 for 20 minutes of ‘track familiarisation’ 1-2-1 tuition. I’m sure you could pre-book more if you wanted to. 

Ive used their instructors at both Oulton and Bedford and its well worth it to have the right lines, breaking points and even gear selection pointed out to you before you really go at it. 

If we can arrange a COC only ‘how fast’ event then I think it would be a good one to start for your first track day. There’s less cars overall during the siting laps than a normal ‘open pit lane’ track day; it would only be Caymans - no maniacs in stripped down clios etc; and for the actual timed runs there’s only 2 cars at a time on the track. 

????

14 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

They have instructors on hand at their events for £20 for 20 minutes of ‘track familiarisation’ 1-2-1 tuition. I’m sure you could pre-book more if you wanted to. 

Ive used their instructors at both Oulton and Bedford and its well worth it to have the right lines, breaking points and even gear selection pointed out to you before you really go at it. 

If we can arrange a COC only ‘how fast’ event then I think it would be a good one to start for your first track day. There’s less cars overall during the siting laps than a normal ‘open pit lane’ track day; it would only be Caymans - no maniacs in stripped down clios etc; and for the actual timed runs there’s only 2 cars at a time on the track. 

????

Sounds great really :) Look forward to hear when possible to do the how fast event, sounds like fun!  http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/calendar/2018/july/21-ba-hf/?utm_campaign=Car+Trackday+17.07.2018+EDM+NEW+LAYOUT&utm_source=emailCampaign&utm_medium=email&utm_content=

I just spoke with Ben Elliot to get some tuition at Brands or Snetterton as well :)

Just received a response from MSV, with some dates:

———————————-

Hi Jason

Thanks for getting in touch – a Cayman How Fast would be great fun. We have run a similar event for a BMW dealership, EVO magazine and other groups and organisations – it works really well. 

Dates at Bedford are not plentiful unfortunately and it is often finding a date, that suits enough members, that can be a stumbling block. In Oct/Nov we do have the 15th and 27th Oct and the 10th, 12th and 24th Nov. The Oct dates are already listed as track days on the full GT layout so I would need to encourage existing bookings on these dates to switch over in order to convert to a trackday on the SEN plus a How Fast. Nov dates haven’t been released as yet.

Typically we run three How Fast time slots (8:00, 10:00 & 13:00) with a capacity of 15 cars per session at £99 each. The format you are already familiar with. To keep the price around the same (less a group discount) you would be looking at an exclusive time slot.

Glad you have been enjoying the days and thanks for the kind words.

Your thoughts and questions welcome.

Best regards

Mark

MSVT

———————-

i would anticipate that the November dates would be easier for MSV to accommodate given that they already have bookings for the GT circuit in October. 

Who would be interested in a 10am session on either of Saturday 10th or Saturday 24th?

We could all go for lunch somewhere local afterwards to swap tall-tales (take the p155) of one another’s track-driving ‘prowess’.... ???

Jason

Edited by Windymiller

I would be up for this my only slight concern is noise limit, my car is 104 db with the Carnewal back box and I think Bedford is now 101 static limit ? 

3 hours ago, crafty1 said:

I would be up for this my only slight concern is noise limit, my car is 104 db with the Carnewal back box and I think Bedford is now 101 static limit ? 

I’ve emailed Mark for clarification on dB limits - I’ll let you know as soon as I receive his reply ?...

Standing noise limit is 101 unfortunately with drive by at 86.5. My 718 with standard exhaust was tripping the drive by on the last track day and was 95db at rest. 

Im up for any of the November dates so count me in if we get the numbers

Noise limit response from MSV:

Bedford is not a licenced race track, it is classed as a driving experience venue and as such doesn’t have the higher noise limits permitted at race tracks. The static limit is 101db static (3/4 rpm at 1m) and 87db drive-by.

8 hours ago, Nail it said:

November for me and the 4 are out as car will be off the road then, but could use the wife's boxster

Even if it was a really nice, mild and sunny early November date Duncan.... ?

October 27th might work as it’s a Saturday. 

Lets see what interest in numbers we get and take it from there. 

Ok, trying to make this a little easier for choice, if you want to come and play at Bedford in late October or early November can you please reply to this with your name against 1 or more of the following dates:

saturday October 27th:

windymiller

Saturday November 10th:

windymiller

Saturday November 24th:

windymiller

15 names are needed to make a day work. I’m happy to go with the most popular date. Once we’ve got numbers I’ll go back to MSV to secure a booking. 

Details of the event:

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/products/how-fast/

44 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

Ok, trying to make this a little easier for choice, if you want to come and play at Bedford in late October or early November can you please reply to this with your name against 1 or more of the following dates:

saturday October 27th:

windymiller

Woodhouse

Saturday November 10th:

windymiller

Saturday November 24th:

windymiller

15 names are needed to make a day work. I’m happy to go with the most popular date. Once we’ve got numbers I’ll go back to MSV to secure a booking. 

Details of the event:

http://www.msvtrackdays.com/car/products/how-fast/

9 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Noise limit response from MSV:

Bedford is not a licenced race track, it is classed as a driving experience venue and as such doesn’t have the higher noise limits permitted at race tracks. The static limit is 101db static (3/4 rpm at 1m) and 87db drive-by.

Thanks but a shame as that is me out then...

Edited by crafty1

1 hour ago, Nail it said:

Noise could be a problem for me and the 4, but will see if I can find any info on how GT4's have got on there

There was a GT4. clubsport there the day I did it a couple of weeks ago. He was ok Duncan - just provide the noise Marshall’s with ear plugs perhaps.... ?????

saturday October 27th:

windymiller (Jason)

Woodhouse

nail it (Duncan)

Saturday November 10th:

windymiller

Saturday November 24th:

windymiller