CAT Driver Training Day at Millbrook

Hi all

I just recently done a Perfomance Driver Club day at Millbrook with CAT Driver Training and had an absolute blast.

I am looking for anyone interested in a Cornering Masterclass day -- will get prices and dates availability, meanwhile here some info

Cornering Masterclass Day

Enjoyed the Performance Driver 'Track' Day and would like to progress to the next stage advancing your skills further? Or perhaps you're not getting the most from your track days, and would like to hone your performance driving skills in a safe and challenging environment? Through presentations and demonstrations in our cars, and nurtured training sessions in your car our instructors will guide you through a structured, fun and exciting training experience, dissecting the cornering process to a professional level. Polarised training designed to galvanise the relationship between minimised driver input and vehicle stability, with presentations in advanced vehicle dynamics and motor industry exercises designed to challenge both you and your car.

A full day experience for you and your car:

Professional in car tuition

Access to your favourite circuits

Professional motor industry training exercises

Lunch and refreshments throughout the day

Full emergency services on hand all day

Exclusive facilities

1 hours 40 mins driving time with your personal instructor

Member Prices

TBC

CAT Driver Training info

CAT Driver Training is run by Colin and Jo Hoad. Colin used to work for a leading motor manufacturer in the UK as a Vehicle Evaluator and Driver Trainer and has gained extensive experience and qualifications in driver instruction. Colin is also certificated to instruct at Millbrook, his life has been spent working with his passion; motor cars - from racing Minis to the race preparation of performance cars. He has much experience of vehicles on both road and track and brings a very different approach to driver enjoyment.

millbrook.jpg.50b59bec834bf4a24943fafa1fea0059.jpg

Millbrook-Alpine-Route.jpg.89b054392cf0f04103ad7731da878943.jpg

Am interested also. Have had 2 half days on Milbrook in the past, not in the CS though .....in my Volvo Estate! Was still a complete hoot....amazing what you learn about your car and what it will/won't do ...e.g. my V50 will continue to brake (after a point) in a panic stop, even if you take your foot off the pedal). The Alpine and handling tracks keep you rather honest.

Ok so I have spoke with Jo @ CADT  

@Craiglm68 @Windymiller I have myself penciled down for this at the date below. 

I will suggest to Jo to register so you can speak with her directly via forum / email if you so want to pencil  the date as well

Club rates

3 participating members = £450 pp

4 participating members = £435 pp

6 participating members = £415 pp

First available date currently

September 29th (Saturday) - To be confirmed in August

Hi Everyone

Peopleandcars has asked me to post up and say hello so I can answer any questions you may have.  As he has advised the date proposed is provisional at the moment.  Please let me know if you would like any more detail about ourselves or our unique training.  There's lots of useful information via our blogs on the website and our training is rated by clients as Excellent via Trustpilot.  

Here to help as you need.

KR

Jo

Thanks Jo,

unfortunately september 29th isn’t possible for me as I will have been away with work the whole week before and won’t be ‘allowed out to play’ by my (much better) other half????

might there be alternative dates available?

thanks, Jason

Morning

There might be an option for a 3 person day on Sunday 7th October ... would that work better?

KR

Jo

15 hours ago, CATDT said:

Morning

There might be an option for a 3 person day on Sunday 7th October ... would that work better?

KR

Jo

Looks free on our family calendar, will confirm my permitted availability with the long-haired sergeant major and come back to you ASAP... ?

• Founder
On 27/07/2018 at 11:27, CATDT said:

Morning

KR

Jo

Hi Jo, 

Thanks for signing up and offering to put something together for the guys.  

I'd be quite interested in attending myself if it's an October date.  

Morning All

Looks like 7th October could be the one then but it would only have 3 spaces.  Let's get into August and then I'll be clearer on being able to offer this date or another October option.  

Back once I have news.

KR

Jo

• Thanks 1

On 28/07/2018 at 03:19, Windymiller said:

Looks free on our family calendar, will confirm my permitted availability with the long-haired sergeant major and come back to you ASAP... ?

I’m afraid I’m wrong - our family calendar has a commitment that wknd - the shuttleworth ‘wings & wheels’ vintage race day so I’m a no-go on this occasion I’m afraid ?

Yes, I'd be interested in stuff like this. Also, my insurance policy doesn't cover track days but am guessing one could either buy some at the course or can anyone recommend an insurer who covers specifically for track days? Many thanks, Stu

9 hours ago, StuLD said:

Yes, I'd be interested in stuff like this. Also, my insurance policy doesn't cover track days but am guessing one could either buy some at the course or can anyone recommend an insurer who covers specifically for track days? Many thanks, Stu

Hi Stu - I have been looking in track day insurance, there's a few options out there like A-plan, Moris, Adrian Flux  -- make sure to mention the organiser is part of ADTO (check this tho!)