Red Seat belts......

Craiglm68

Not sure if anyone is a fan/interested in this "upgrade", but a couple of places that appear to replace the webbing (you take to get the belts uninstalled yourself, then send it in for the webbing to be replaced, then the belt is returned, you have it re-installed etc)

https://www.quickfitsbs.com

http://www.safetybeltservices.com/

Reason for my interest is I've nabbed a GT2 RS Alcantara Gear Lever and surrounds....in red ?

Edited by Craiglm68

• 4 months later...

I;ve known Cerey from Seat Belt Services for many years, great bloke, a master at making harnesses and straps. good reputation for custom seat belts. He is based just north of Bedford in Keysoe.

4 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

What sort of cost are you looking at?

Quite reasonable (I can't remember exactly, touch base with them, something like mid £30's plus some postage (plus cost of you sending the belts and related gubbins to them)

2 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

Quite reasonable (I can't remember exactly, touch base with them, something like mid £30's plus some postage (plus cost of you sending the belts and related gubbins to them)

Thats seriously reasonable! I'll add that to the list.

• 6 months later...
On 06/01/2019 at 00:16, Bushman said:

I;ve known Cerey from Seat Belt Services for many years, great bloke, a master at making harnesses and straps. good reputation for custom seat belts. He is based just north of Bedford in Keysoe.

I dropped him an email, doesn't seem to be a man of many words 😂

Did he do yours and can they replicate the OEM webbing pattern? I've seen lots online with the herringbone weave but I want to keep it as OEM as possible.

6 hours ago, Spykee said:

Did he do yours and can they replicate the OEM webbing pattern? I've seen lots online with the herringbone weave but I want to keep it as OEM as possible.

##Excellent question...to which I don't know the answer. I could send you a photo of mine if that helps? And then I need to remember which of the 2 outfits I actually used.....one of them did send out a free sample so you could see what you'd be buying

57 minutes ago, Craiglm68 said:

##Excellent question...to which I don't know the answer. I could send you a photo of mine if that helps? And then I need to remember which of the 2 outfits I actually used.....one of them did send out a free sample so you could see what you'd be buying

Haha! That would be great Craig...or to save the need, do they look like this:

99680303304LR.gif

porsche%20yellow%20seat%20belt%20seatbel

Edited by Spykee

On 06/08/2019 at 15:36, Spykee said:

##Just took a couple of snaps, the flash makes them almost look a bit pink in places, but rest assured they are red....and they came from Quickfit

IMG_4475.JPG

IMG_4473.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Both places couldnt do the OEM webbing in the end so I went with Quickfit SBS and am really pleased with the results.

Stuart was really good with being in touch on Facebook too.

48588051302_06c8e355c4_c.jpg

48587911126_50934625aa_c.jpg

I stupidly left the seats leaning forward so have dimples in the bolsters now...I hope they re-shape!

Love the overall look though, makes a nice difference to lift the interior.

48587910451_2f0707b58a_c.jpg

• Like 1

This used to be a popular mod amongst forum users: on the belts of the last car I owned. 

Yellow or Red being the popular options.

Looks fresh, and really good In yours 👍

Hi, they look really good.  Is it difficult to remove the belt mechanism ? or is it a easy DIY?

Cheers 

Ray

Edited by C9YMAN

Ray its a dead easy DIY. 

I used this thread on Planet 9 to do it

Seat Belt Replacement DIY

Just don't do what I did and strip the thread of the belt mount bolt on the passenger side. Due to the wiring loom and carpet covering the front of the engine I didn't notice I put the bolt in at an angle, rushing it between heavy rain showers...3hrs later I had cut the head off the bolt and ground it out, replacing the sleeve for it and the bolt itself! 🙄

It's a 10 min job each side in reality.

Edited by Spykee
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Spykee said:

Ray its a dead easy DIY. 

I used this thread on Planet 9 to do it

Seat Belt Replacement DIY

Just don't do what I did and strip the thread of the belt mount bolt on the passenger side. Due to the wiring loom and carpet covering the front of the engine I didn't notice I put the bolt in at an angle, rushing it between heavy rain showers...3hrs later I had cut the head off the bolt and ground it out, replacing the sleeve for it and the bolt itself! 🙄

It's a 10 min job each side in reality.

That's great thanks