987S.2 Advice Sought

On 02/12/2018 at 17:20, Porsched eggs said:

Cheers Saturday is the plan. This week can't go quickly enough.

My first Cayman but it'll be my third Porsche :)

I bet you’ve got 2 sheds too... 😉😁👍🏻

still got any of the other porkers? What were they?

Haha sorry I misled. It'll be the third Porsche I've owned but they were a few years ago.

I had a (I think nice) rainforest 986S but it had ghastly grey which didn't go well with the green. Then I had a fantastic black/black 986S facelift with a techart exhaust and engine package. That thing was awesome!

I spend most of my wheel time in a 2006 polo 1.2 55bhp ;) for the train station, and I'm trading my Mk7 Golf GTI for the Cayman.

I also have a supercharged VX220 which is mainly used for track days and a share I need a Leon Cupra we are building to time trial.

Edited by Porsched eggs
  • Like 1

Hi well it's been a long dy but im home with the car.

Overall its fab, the feel of the thing is superb even though there was some absolutely awful weather to contend with.  Couple of teething issues though maybe some of you can help with.

The tailgate or something in the boot is making a bit of a racket over bumps. RPM checked everything in terms of suspension etc is ok but said it's possible the tailgate being as it's so large. Any ideas?

Also this might be a characteristic, but when coming off or going on throttle when cruising there is a gentle judder in the car, like the power is cut on/off. I'm thinking is it the engine flexing on its mounts or the flywheel loading up? Also when accelerating hard in a high gear there is a constant judder or shimmie in the car, once off throttle it settles so it's not geo or tyres or anything like that.

Again any thoughts???

Cheers,

Pete.

Edited by Porsched eggs

Pete, I'm in Cardiff Monday to Friday.  Do you want to get a second opinion on the car?  Happy to take you out in my CR (PDK) so that you can compare, too.

Things like rattles and hesitation/judder can be subjective and open to interpretation when explained in text.  Being in the two cars back to back will remove any doubt.