What tyre pressure are you running on track?

Quick one for those tracking their cars regularly. Had the tyres changed today and noticed the centre of the rears was almost bald, this makes me think that my presures have been too high on track at some point? 

I usually run 30psi all round on the road and the same on track once hot, making sure I check the pressures every time I come into the pits.

Any thoughts or theories welcome.

👍

Yep. amazing how pressures go up on a hot day (or on track). Last time at Silverstone I arrived with 30psi fronts and 36psi rear....after one of the runs the instructor asked about pressures as the car was a little "skippy" on some corners....he said to drop the rears to 30psi (when I plugged in the guage, they were up to 40psi).....the rear was much more planted thereafter.

On track I run 26 psi cold on the front & 28psi on the rear... I generally see a 5-6psi ^ coming into the pit garage... Also psi is dependant somewhat on the tyre type/manfacturer... Soft carcass tyres run higher pressure but vice versa...

Similar discussion on the the race bike forums tbh...

• Like 1

I start at 30psi cold and at Bedford for example a few laps will see 40psi all round (on Eagle F1s.) I then drop them all back down to 30psi, sounds like you guys are all doing similar.

Thanks 👍

2 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I start at 30psi cold and at Bedford for example a few laps will see 40psi all round (on Eagle F1s.) I then drop them all back down to 30psi, sounds like you guys are all doing similar.

Thanks 👍

you are lucky you don't get a low tire warning or worse tire roll off the rim on very hot days