Just back from the Nurburgring - awesome.

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds epic, was it your first time ?

A group of us have been going every spring for many years now, we go last weekend in May this year, my first time in the Cayman :o

Dare I ask if you timed yourself  BTG ?

1 hour ago, Tozerman said:

Glad you enjoyed it, sounds epic, was it your first time ?

A group of us have been going every spring for many years now, we go last weekend in May this year, my first time in the Cayman :o

Dare I ask if you timed yourself  BTG ?

Yes it was my first time, it's a bucket list item that I'll now do every year! I took it pretty steady building up pace as the day went on, I did 11 hot laps in total with 2 sighting laps before the track went green.

I was using Harry's, so I have some timing data for BTG 😁

Edited by Dougle_turbo
spelling

Looks awesome, def on my bucket list, I think the Circuit Days trip is the best option, presumably you have the track to yourselves?

8 hours ago, Andrea Frasky said:

I see you went with the Sturgart Classica friends!! They live around the corner from my house! glad you had a great time, I'm going soon too

Actually they were just parked next to us at the time and there was so much going on I didn't get around to chatting to them. Wish I had because their car was lovely.

5 hours ago, GlosRich said:

Looks awesome, def on my bucket list, I think the Circuit Days trip is the best option, presumably you have the track to yourselves?

Thats right, Circuit Days had the circuit fully booked out.

Very well driven lap for what is only your third ever lap.

Getting below 9:00 mins on your first visit is well done indeed, just goes to show the potential in these cars.

My car is a vanilla 2.7 but my aim this May is a sub 9:00 lap. Should be doable but timing laps there can be dangerous.

Again well done..

Excellent lap. Not too much traffic, better than the average 'touristenfahrten' day!

Have they released the dates for next year yet, I might come.

2 hours ago, GlosRich said:

Excellent lap. Not too much traffic, better than the average 'touristenfahrten' day!

Me too!  Been gagging to take the CR to the Nurburgring but none of my crowd are ever interested in going.

5 hours ago, GlosRich said:

Dates normally get released in January, and sell out super fast (48 hrs!)

On 26/04/2019 at 18:01, jcm987 said:

Great driving!. Think it will take me years to remember all the corners. The ring has been on my to do list for a long time. 

Thats why a sim is really helpful. I use a PS4 Logitec wheel and Playseat, I find it really helps when I go to  a new track. I must have done 100 laps around the ring before I went. Although I have to say that the reality of the track vs the sim is very different. Everything at the ring feels very compact.

I'd love to see what your car can do around there. When's your next track day booked for?

Sounds like a good setup, this is why I need a man cave in my house! 

I did one at Brands Hatch yesterday, a perfect sunny day to test all the new parts. Next one probably June or maybe sneak one in mid May at Brands Hatch or Castle Combe. When are you next on track?

One of my first laps in a mk1 focus rs over 10 years ago now, after about 10 laps got down to low 8.20's with a passenger for extra weight lol

But a great place to visit and we should sort a trip out.

Just for comparison this was my last track day in my focus rs mk2, better quality and a tad faster

Edited by Nail it

On 01/05/2019 at 19:29, jcm987 said:

Sounds like a good setup, this is why I need a man cave in my house! 

I did one at Brands Hatch yesterday, a perfect sunny day to test all the new parts. Next one probably June or maybe sneak one in mid May at Brands Hatch or Castle Combe. When are you next on track?

I'm at a Bedford evening session on 10th May, and Anglesey on the 3rd June. Trying to get a Brands evening in at some point in May as well.

9 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I'm at a Bedford evening session on 10th May, and Anglesey on the 3rd June. Trying to get a Brands evening in at some point in May as well.

Just booked Brands Hatch for 23rd May day session, can't remember if there was an evening session as well.