Decals on my baby

Nice! I have a yellow one with the after market added stripes.

Mine need refreshing as a few years old now and getting a bit tired around the edges at the front on the bumper. 

Edited by Buggyjam

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/07/2019 at 20:08, Maxheadroom said:

Same again from same company about a couple of months ago. Slightly cocked it up a bit so need to be done again some time. Decided not to fold decal around edge of door as couldn’t get it to adhere at all, so on the remaining decal decided to cut it short of the door by a few mm.

1BD6257B-4A0F-4D92-AB0F-CB906001E3E2.jpeg

F7DEF9B6-11D0-4C73-9F5C-94F1E207030C.jpeg

Looks great !

I’m another who’s (just) ordered from John @ Designstuffonline.

And I shall be cutting mine a few mm short and fitting as you have by choice. No tucking away of edges; or tight radii where water might get a head start getting in.

Did you all install them ‘wet’ ?

23 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Looks great !

I’m another who’s (just) ordered from John @ Designstuffonline.

And I shall be cutting mine a few mm short and fitting as you have by choice. No tucking away of edges; or tight radii where water might get a head start getting in.

Did you all install them ‘wet’ ?

Thanks Severnfourate, just mist the door panel and back of decal. There’s a “how too” on their website but they make it look a lot more easier than it is especially if you’ve never done it before.

Does anyone have pictures of Black decals on a Seal Grey ?

***I’ve purchased some Gloss Silver - But think it might be a little OTT for me. Wondering if Black would be visible enough....?

18 minutes ago, MarkGTS said:

Matt or satin black might be better to give you a texture contrast also, given the colour contrast might not be enough 

Absolutely agreed on Satin or Matt Mark.

I've emailed to ask how matt the matt really is (As some can be really 'flat') - and if Satin is available. The latter would be my perfect choice i think.

I gather Black was the default option from new by Porsche. On 'most' colours. I think it would stand out enough against the Seal Grey. Not obtrusive or in your face - but enough to be seen close-up.

Do you or anyone else know if they were or are matt or Satin by default ?

Edited by sevenfourate

• Founder

They were a satin black on the light coloured cars, on the dark cars they were silver I believe, or least they were on the Cayman R.  

I had some made up to match the existing ones on my Cayman R when I had the bumper resprayed and the guy knew the colour code of the originals.  definitely satin though, not gloss or matt.  

2012_porsche_cayman_r_1545084114d3ada4d93IMG_0887-940x609.jpeg

• Like 1