Youtube channel first video - your thoughts are welcome.

Dougle_turbo

Subscribed! Lucky number 13.

Silly question, how do you get your GoPro not to fail?

All my footage from Castle Combe is broken up into random 2 min videos and bright white and the latest Oulton Park video has no video just noise. Probably a broken GoPro. 

• Like 1

Thanks for the sub! 

I have really problems with both of my gopros. I think they are totally overated.

The reason the videos are broken up is usually the amount of memory the recording has used. GoPro automatically saves and starts a new video every 4gb used. With my frame rate and quality settings I usually get 10 mins. I then have to stitch the footage together as it always seems to split my fastest lap! 

I also find the the newer Gopros struggle to adapt the EV correctly for in car footage. In the pro settings I have adjusted EV to - 1.5 which eliminates the white out through the windscreen. 

My old gopro 3 was way better than the new one, unfortunately the microphone has picked up a buzz. So annoying! 

• 2 weeks later...

Great video Dougle. 

Donny looks a lovely wide open circuit with some interesting elevation changes. Wish I’d had the time and money to go there this year.  Defo 2020 (and Silverstone 🤔😁). 

Im planning my final track play at Oulton Park (again) with the PCGB aim september. 

Your driving looked very relaxed and smooth, and although you totally trashed the GY SS, there was little / no tyre squeal that I could hear on your video - so clearly not cornering ‘too hard’. 

I’d be really interested in experiencing your tweaked S compared to my stock one - I’d  love to copy a number of your mods next year (imitation being the sincerest form of flattery 😉).

That Atom was epic! 🤪🤪🤪

keep the videos coming. 👍🏻

Jason

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Great video Dougle. 

Donny looks a lovely wide open circuit with some interesting elevation changes. Wish I’d had the time and money to go there this year.  Defo 2020 (and Silverstone 🤔😁). 

Im planning my final track play at Oulton Park (again) with the PCGB aim september. 

Your driving looked very relaxed and smooth, and although you totally trashed the GY SS, there was little / no tyre squeal that I could hear on your video - so clearly not cornering ‘too hard’. 

I’d be really interested in experiencing your tweaked S compared to my stock one - I’d  love to copy a number of your mods next year (imitation being the sincerest form of flattery 😉).

That Atom was epic! 🤪🤪🤪

keep the videos coming. 👍🏻

Jason

Thanks Jason!

I've now had new rubber put on all around and the only reason those tyres have given up is camber, well lack of. The front left took the brunt of it followed by the rear left. The right tyres are actually not too bad, and good enough to keep for spares. My next modification was going to be an LSD, but I've decided to go for some suspension modifications. I have some Elephant racing lower control arms going on front and rear this week - along with some Eutocup adjustable castor arms up front. It'll be interesting to see how it pans out. Hopefully it won't ruin the ride on the road.

You're welcome to come along and hop in the car. I'm at Brands Hatch on the 14th (evening session), and then a Blyton Park 18/19th.

Thanks for the offer Dougle, I’d love to join you but am on family hols at that time. 

Perhaps a later event in the year?

will you be at the PCGB oulton Park day 20th Sept?

• 1 month later...

Nice! 😉 ... I use a Drift Ghost HD with external mic... Zero issues with it... I use it on my HRC track bike too... Had 2x different GoPro's & I don't rate them at all!!