Cayman R Wanted - UK - Manual

Andyoz

I've the urge to move on from my 987.1S to an R.

Must be Manual but flexible on the rest of Spec.

Not too fussy on mileage either...

If you're thinking of selling, please get in touch: andy.irwin@irwinacoustics.com

My wait was 2 years for my ideal spec to come up. Best advice I can give is when something comes up, to have the funds ready and not dilly dally around. The Peridot manual currently for sale has your name on it 😀

9 minutes ago, Cliff R said:

Very tidy R pity no buckets but I am sure there's a bum for every seat.

Yep I just noticed that, and again one without Chrono  - but in a drought of manuals, its pretty nice. 

2 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

Yep I just noticed that, and again one without Chrono  - but in a drought of manuals, its pretty nice. 

Very true about the  box if someone's after a manual, I didn't notice it had no chrono  

But looks very nice still.

Sports Chrono can be added quite easily and inexpensively to a 987, you won't get the clock, but nobody uses that anyway, but you will get the button and the increased throttle response. 

Ref the seats if the car ticked all the other boxes that I wanted, I would just take the sports seats out and fit a set of Recaro Pole Positions like these and then either sell the sports seats or bag them and tag them and include them in the sale if i ever sold the car on. A good manual R is pretty rare.

recaro_pole_positionabe_6.jpg.40ea0c1a6030a6406582d4633deb7ab2.jpg

Edited by Budflicker

Regarding the Sport Chrono clock always found it weird mine doesn't light up with the dash lights is that the same for everyone?

It's a nice car i know carnewal do buckets but fairly expensive

But everyone's taste is different they might want sports seat I know I prefer the buckets personally.

Edited by Cliff R

4 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Regarding the Sport Chrono clock always found it weird mine doesn't light up with the dash lights is that the same for everyone?

I have read to believe that it can be set but only via a Porsche Laptop update to the system.

2 hours ago, Cliff R said:

Many thanks guys maybe next time it's in for a service might be something to consider.

I might do it. I guess the only thing that might become an issue is reflection of it at night in the windscreen?

2 hours ago, Julian987 said:

I might do it. I guess the only thing that might become an issue is reflection of it at night in the windscreen?

Good point wonder if anyone whos chrono clock lights up can tell us.

Could enlighten us.

None of the chrono cocks light up as standard unless youre using the Chrono function at the time. 
I had mine switched on at the last service. 

Edited by Frayz