Prices Increasing

Covid has caused pent up demand in the market, prices are higher at the moment.

But when the redundancies really kick in, expect a drop.

7 hours ago, Adam Green said:

Is it me or are the prices of Gen 2 987 on the up?

There area number of 2.9s on Autotrader that appear to be silly money.

Not sure I'd call it silly money as it is a lot of car for the money still. I have noticed Base and S manuals are very thin on the ground (the R always)....  so 'supply and demand' is the old adage. 

There is only so far they can rise, unless the R moves up with them, and I have felt R prices are slightly on the up, for an manual certainly, so even with redundancies I'd bet the Cayman bucks the trend. 

Which one/s you got your eye on at being silly money?

5 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

Had a look and first thing that jumps out is this is NOT a black edition, yet listed as such

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202008152518934

More worryingly: the last picture appears to show some rear seats.......

• Confused 1

6 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Not sure I'd call it silly money as it is a lot of car for the money still. I have noticed Base and S manuals are very thin on the ground (the R always)....  so 'supply and demand' is the old adage. 

There is only so far they can rise, unless the R moves up with them, and I have felt R prices are slightly on the up, for an manual certainly, so even with redundancies I'd bet the Cayman bucks the trend. 

Which one/s you got your eye on at being silly money?

There's a few on auto trader that caught my eye. There's a guards red base 987.2 with 50k on the clock for 24k.

I'm not complaining, I hope they keep stsy this way :)

9 hours ago, eponymoose said:

Yeah, the Guards base car is laughable. Terrible aftermarket wheels and no spec.

Personally I hope it doesn't stay that way;. And not because I'm buying. Even when I've got one, I wouldn't want the value to go up.

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want the value to go up after you've bought one?

2 hours ago, Adam Green said:

Just out of curiosity, why wouldn't you want the value to go up after you've bought one?

it would be the stress of driving and keeping a car valued at what a 930 Turbo now costs. I remember when you could pick up a 930 Turbo for 20K at max. As the price goes up, the stress goes up and the enjoyment can often go down.  

12 hours ago, eponymoose said:

Yeah, the Guards base car is laughable. Terrible aftermarket wheels and no spec.

Personally I hope it doesn't stay that way;. And not because I'm buying. Even when I've got one, I wouldn't want the value to go up.

I think i would just cash in 🤣👍

Unfortunately mine has become a bit of a garage ornament already. I bought such a clean example that I cleared the garage out and filled the space with my 987 (this was never the plan by the way).

Each to they're own i suppose. My 320d takes care of daily duties 👍

Sports cars are for driving.  You can't appreciate the drive by looking at it every few days.

Mine has admittedly been collecting dust but that's been COVID, crappy weather and demand from work due to COVID; absolutely not because I don't want to drive it.

I can't say I've been tracking prices recently but I do find satisfaction that most CRs are near enough what mine cost me nearly 4 years ago.  I was originally between an M2 and the CR - my pocket is very glad I got the CR (and so am I!). :D