Cayman R Chat

18 minutes ago, Meteor_CR said:

Wrong wheels, wrong seats, high miles. Seems a bit overpriced don't you think?!

I guess in the crazy world that is used Porsche prices ATM it's probably decent value in terms of the actual drive an R gives owners.  

42 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

New one! 

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202106023359987

only £5 short of starting with a 5. So if one compares that against the Sasso ones with buckets, it makes them fair value, but thats if this silver one is fair. its nice though! anyones here?

If Sasso one were fair priced they still wouldn't be there in this market...

16 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

All in good time maybe. It’s like with that Ruby one last year at 50k, all in time

Yeah, I remember the Ruby one.  It still sold faster than Sasso ones (?) and the market wasn't bat s**t crazy like it has been here since Spring :)

My car is on the classifieds. I'm sure everyone will have an opinion but it's a well loved example with all the right kit. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11776047

4 minutes ago, A1 9URJ said:

My car is on the classifieds. I'm sure everyone will have an opinion but it's a well loved example with all the right kit. 

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11776047

that looks sensational. That will he sold by tomorrow end of day, at worse by end of week.

this Bilt Hammer stuff you mention seems interesting. 

You are right. Sold by end of day. 

Going to an owner up north who is super passionate and I can tell is going to be an amazing custodian. Wish him and you all very happy miles in your Rs. I will miss her terribly. 

1 hour ago, A1 9URJ said:

You are right. Sold by end of day. 

Going to an owner up north who is super passionate and I can tell is going to be an amazing custodian. Wish him and you all very happy miles in your Rs. I will miss her terribly. 

Must be a bittersweet feeling yet congratulations on your same day sale. Surprised it hadn't gone by lunchtime! best regards

Definitely bittersweet but the new owner is a top bloke which helps a lot. 

Really feel the need to buy something to fill the gap!! 

Went for a drive today and noticed when back home and parked up that it was a good ten mins of the fan still on. Of course it is very hot today, and I did have the AC on, and I assume that is normal for the fan to remain on for some time, but does ten mins seem like a long time? or in such circumstances of weather temp, that it is the norm?

Thanks

J

came across this old ad for an R  -  it is interesting to see some of the options one could get that I didn't know were available. Quite a spec huh, 30K's worth of options!

https://cvluxurycars.com/2012-porsche-cayman-r-basalt-black-metallic-on-carrera-red-full-leather-6-speed-carbon-buckets-most-loaded-r-i-have-ever-seen-33k-in-options-alone-just-17k-miles-and-flawless/

That Sasso Automotive R they had for £52k was showing as "Under Offer" a week or so ago...it's actually gone now.

I seem to recall it didn't have PSE...14k miles.

They still have this one...don't think it has AC.

https://sassoautomotive.com/arrivals/porsche-cayman-r-manual/

I suspect they got close to if not the full asking price. They seemed sticklers as such so I doubt they budged. More evidence we are headed towards £60K+ R’s in 2022.

2 hours ago, Julian987 said:

I suspect they got close to if not the full asking price. They seemed sticklers as such so I doubt they budged. More evidence we are headed towards £60K+ R’s in 2022.

I'm not an expert on car prices (it's not my area of interest) but I thought that the experts were all expecting things to calm down in 2022? At the moment all car prices are going up due to a variety of factors (WFH, disposable income, supply shortage, and YOLO) but as these settle and reality/normality begins to return, many of these factors will start to disappear. I think 60k for a Cayman R is a bit optimistic given that (in theory) you only have to pay £15k more for a brand new GT4 (which is a) new, b) a proper GT product and c) the de facto pinnacle of the Cayman range). As much as I like the 987, a Cayman R isn't really special enough to make me want one over a GT4.

Reports suggest this will continue throughout 2020. Furthermore, many would see the R as the Cayman pinnacle. Not convinced the GT4 is defacto. Time will tell but an R is much rarer than a GT4, so there any many factors at play here.

1 hour ago, Julian987 said:

Reports suggest this will continue throughout 2020. Furthermore, many would see the R as the Cayman pinnacle. Not convinced the GT4 is defacto. Time will tell but an R is much rarer than a GT4, so there any many factors at play here.

You may be right... I'll still be going for a GT4 though.

10 minutes ago, Lennym1984 said:

You may be right... I'll still be going for a GT4 though.

HERE’S WHY THE 987 CAYMAN R, NOT THE GT4, IS THE BEST PORSCHE OF THE DECADE

https://flatsixes.com/porsche-culture/porsche-factoids/heres-why-the-987-cayman-r-is-the-best-porsche-of-the-decade/