Cayman R Chat

• 2 weeks later...
  • Founder

Every time I see a white CR with silver wheels, I find myself thinking I prefer it to the balck with silver lip which I have at the moment, maybe one for refurb time...

80-new_image_bc99ae643014105f134a6d16885

Edited by Beanoir
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Beanoir said:

Every time I see a white CR with silver wheels, I find myself thinking I prefer it to the balck with silver lip which I have at the moment, maybe one for refurb time...

80-new_image_bc99ae643014105f134a6d16885

I know what you mean but I think silver just photographs better. When you see them both together in the flesh the black are awesome :) 

IMG_0960.JPG

Heres me having a play at Bedford GT on a rainy November day. (Excuse pic quality as its a pic of a framed photo!).

Edited by MJ

• 3 weeks later...
On 22 January 2016 at 18:45, Andy Fagan said:

I know what you mean but I think silver just photographs better. When you see them both together in the flesh the black are awesome :) 

IMG_0960.JPG

I do like silver wheels on some colour cars, but the black looks better to me on a white R for some reason.

I wonder what a dark silver or graphite wheel would look like?

Edited by DJMC

• Founder
1 hour ago, CaymANTH said:

Hi Guys,

Just picked up my R last month & absolutely love it. I've had and have some pretty special cars but this is the best car I've ever owned. It's fast (enough), looks good, has rarity value, drives & handles well and I'm really chuffed with it. Traded up from an S (also a brilliant car in my opinion) so was prepared to be disappointed but it's different enough to justify the trade up cost. The roads haven't been dry since I picked it up so still haven't been able to open up the taps fully, but from what I've experienced to date, it's great - in particular, love the PSE....!

image.jpg

Great choice ;) made the same trade up myself, never looked back.  

Where abouts are you? 

My 12 plate CR manual is coming up for sale soon. Full sporty driver's spec. Carbon Buckets, Short Shifter, Sports Exhaust, and much more.

Owned this car for 4 years and it's by far the best car I have ever owned. Previous car was a 987.2 Cayman S with LSD. CR tops it by a mile.

56c22626800c3_CRSideView.thumb.jpg.9900a
  • Like 1

Very glad to hear you guys who upgraded from an S to an R really appreciated the differences!  I have questioned myself a few times if I could have saved myself a shedload of money and got an S, considering I still have my more track focused old 911, but my man maths still convinced me I made the right decision. They are great cars. :) 

• 2 weeks later...