Prices......

https://www.maundrells.co.uk/vehicle/porsche-cayman-r-pdk-in-oxfordshire-dcaa0aff-230a-4e98-a8b8-6ebce6793b4b

Interesting R here, anything clearly wrong with it other than being high miles (especially for an R)? Surely an equivalent S wouldn't be much less than this right now. 

Are the R prices really that sensitive to miles? Giving me ideas... 

1 hour ago, swanny71 said:

High miles and some might say it has the “wrong” gearbox, seats, wheels and exhaust.

Looks lovely in blue though.

Yeah, it's got more in common with an S than a R. At least it has the R suspension, doors and aero! Suspension probably due a refresh anyway. If that PDK box tanked I wonder if it's more economically viable to convert to a manual. It's just a stock S box and clutch after all. Wreckers will have the box if patient (known to be strong) and new clutch/flywheel are easy to source.  Happens in other makes like BMW all the time.

It would be interesting to see what a high mile 'perfect spec' one would sell for ...

Edited by Andyoz

That blue one is stunning and seemingly a rare colour for the R, yet I swear it has been on the market now for a year. As mentioned above though it doesn’t have much of the holy grail spec….if it was manual with that mileage it probably would have gone by now.

2 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Admittedly low miles but seems 2.9s can now be priced over £30k https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202105222967055 

For less money I think I'd prefer the blue R discussed above.

Hope the dealer has luck selling it at the end of summer as that's where he's heading with that pricing...

It's looks to me some dealers are just pricing high and waiting for the market to come to them....risky move...

Edited by Andyoz

4 minutes ago, Andyoz said:

Hope the dealer has luck selling it at the end of summer as that's where he's heading with that pricing...

The two tone grey/black interior is a bit odd. I think that would put people off, its neither one thing nor the other.

And the PDK surround is in gloss black and the rest of the trim is in dark silver. Its a confused interior

Edited by Julian987

On 15/05/2021 at 23:24, Ginginho said:

Not an owner yet but have been watching the market for a good while now... This Gen 1 is the most expensive that I've seen! Ok, it's a rare colour and it's low mileage but £29k? 😮 https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/11678947

Not surprised to see this one reduced. Somewhat surprised that it was only by £1k. What do folks think the premium for a yellow Cayman is as I'd value it in any other colour at least £10k less than that?

13 minutes ago, Ginginho said:

Not surprised to see this one reduced. Somewhat surprised that it was only by £1k. What do folks think the premium for a yellow Cayman is as I'd value it in any other colour at least £10k less than that?

yeah, they'll have to drop it alot more than £1k to sell...if they wait months and months they may miss this hot price window...  Greed.

Edited by Andyoz