Tidy 987.2 for sale

Ginginho

On 07/02/2023 at 09:40, hopz121 said:

What do we think about this? 

Slightly over priced for the spec and mileage? 

Always loved a yellow car and this looks nice but i feel its just too expensive.

I keep coming back to getting a Cayman..... i need to scratch this itch i think 

Not sure it’s overpriced really, obviously a starting point for some negotiation but from reading the advert it sounds as though a fair bit of the maintenance has been sorted, which in fairness many of those would be cropping up on cars with half the mileage because they’re more age driven. 

yellow is cool too. I don’t personally like the black wheels and decals but that’s irrelevant.

low mileage is a sign of lack of fun, they’re to be driven so as long as maintained properly don’t get hung up on the tiny digits on the dash

12 hours ago, Blissya said:

Not sure it’s overpriced really, obviously a starting point for some negotiation but from reading the advert it sounds as though a fair bit of the maintenance has been sorted, which in fairness many of those would be cropping up on cars with half the mileage because they’re more age driven. 

yellow is cool too. I don’t personally like the black wheels and decals but that’s irrelevant.

low mileage is a sign of lack of fun, they’re to be driven so as long as maintained properly don’t get hung up on the tiny digits on the dash

Answered my questions before I asked!  Proper maintenance trumps low mileage (and less well maintained)! 

24 minutes ago, Ummanipadmeum said:

Proper maintenance trumps low mileage (and less well maintained)! 

It sure does!  I am looking for a low mileage car and have turned down a couple because they have been missing services. One car was 6 years old and had done 10k miles before it received its first service!  🙄

Some owners and even the retail trade seem to excuse the lack of servicing due to the car being low mileage. 🙁

However, the Porsche service schedule is based on the car's age irrespective of a low mileage since the last scheduled service.

Edited by Alan W

1 hour ago, Alan W said:

It sure does!  I am looking for a low mileage car and have turned down a couple because they have been missing services. One car was 6 years old and had done 10k miles before it received its first service!  🙄

Some owners and even the retail trade seem to excuse the lack of servicing due to the car being low mileage. 🙁

However, the Porsche service schedule is based on the car's age irrespective of a low mileage since the last scheduled service.

What you looking for? Manual or PDK?

27 minutes ago, jaketame said:

What you looking for? Manual or PDK?

I've seen your car and whilst I'm looking for a PDK car (as yours is) it should preferably be <20k miles and with Xenon headlights.

Edited by Alan W

3 hours ago, Alan W said:

I've seen your car and whilst I'm looking for a PDK car (as yours is) it should preferably be <20k miles and with Xenon headlights.

Gotcha - Your welcome to have a look. Lights are brilliant and I get the point on mileage. I haven't seen one sub 20k for a while. Mine was one back in 2019.

57 minutes ago, jaketame said:

Gotcha - Your welcome to have a look. 

I'm in Scotland so probably not, but thanks.  

I've seen 2 or 3 cars in the last 9 months or so but they've been lacking in proper service history or, in one case, the owner wasn't willing to let the car go through a PPI with a Porsche independent.

Happy to wait and see what this year brings.

Good luck with your sale.  

Edited by Alan W

2 hours ago, Alan W said:

I'm in Scotland so probably not, but thanks.  

I've seen 2 or 3 cars in the last 9 months or so but they've been lacking in proper service history or, in one case, the owner wasn't willing to let the car go through a PPI with a Porsche independent.

Happy to wait and see what this year brings.

Good luck with your sale.  

Ah yes, a bit too far.

I have all my history and any inspection welcome 🙂 

Good luck finding somethink.

15 hours ago, Alan W said:

I'll forewarn you that whether with xenon or halogen, the headlights are still rubbish.

2 hours ago, Aaron said:

I'll forewarn you that whether with xenon or halogen, the headlights are still rubbish.

🤣 Thanks Aaron!

30 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

soup of the day

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202302114168487

if only it was PDK it would be perfect for Alan.

Note this is the dealer who claims every car they ever get is HUGE spec 😀

Yes, a shame as it's a nice car but certainly not a HUGE specn., if anything it looks pretty basic to me.  🙄

The HUGE list of factory options itemised in the description fails to mention that the black dials are standard, the sports steering wheel is also standard and Xenon lights are NOT fitted!  ☹️ 

At least they got the colour right (Carrara white) unlike a lot of dealers who think it's Carrera.

Edited by Alan W

Hi all. I've just joined as im looking for a 987.2 Cayman and wanted some advice. 

I'm looking for the following spec:

2.9 or S (preferably S but would have a 2.9 if it was a better example)

Manual or PDK (Manual preferred)

Under 50k due to the fact that i'll be putting 5-10k on it per year I think this seems a good middle ground?

Colours: White, Blue, dark grey or another unusual colour. I'm not fancying silver or black

Extras: I'm not too fussed about this but i'd like a sports exhaust (stock or aftermarket is fine) and bucket seats would be nice. However the more toys the better!

I'm looking between 20-25k with 28k being my max budget really. Not sure how long im going to keep it as im a serial car swapper but i'd like this to be in with me for a fair few years.

I did see that 18,000 mile 2.9 in white for sale recently on AT but i think i'd be wasting my money due to the amount of miles i'd be putting on it.

I've seen this on AT for a while, is there a reason it hasnt moved? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202209119658619?year-from=2009&model=Cayman&postcode=tf94at&sort=datedesc&maximum-mileage=60000&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=27500&make=Porsche&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=3&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Worton said:

Hi all. I've just joined as im looking for a 987.2 Cayman and wanted some advice. 

I'm looking for the following spec:

2.9 or S (preferably S but would have a 2.9 if it was a better example)

Manual or PDK (Manual preferred)

Under 50k due to the fact that i'll be putting 5-10k on it per year I think this seems a good middle ground?

Colours: White, Blue, dark grey or another unusual colour. I'm not fancying silver or black

Extras: I'm not too fussed about this but i'd like a sports exhaust (stock or aftermarket is fine) and bucket seats would be nice. However the more toys the better!

I'm looking between 20-25k with 28k being my max budget really. Not sure how long im going to keep it as im a serial car swapper but i'd like this to be in with me for a fair few years.

I did see that 18,000 mile 2.9 in white for sale recently on AT but i think i'd be wasting my money due to the amount of miles i'd be putting on it.

I've seen this on AT for a while, is there a reason it hasnt moved? https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202209119658619?year-from=2009&model=Cayman&postcode=tf94at&sort=datedesc&maximum-mileage=60000&advertising-location=at_cars&price-to=27500&make=Porsche&include-delivery-option=on&radius=1500&onesearchad=New&onesearchad=Nearly New&onesearchad=Used&page=3&percentVehiclePriceDeposit=true

Shame your not interested in black :( 

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14509606

Done a fair amount and got service history written down. If you wanted to DM me. I can share if Black can swing it.

That's a lovely looking car! I live in a farming village in the sticks so even if it doesn't leave the drive black just gets so dirty so quick from the tractors etc driving past. If I had more time to detail then I might consider another black car but I just dont have the time these days.

1 hour ago, Worton said:

That's a lovely looking car! I live in a farming village in the sticks so even if it doesn't leave the drive black just gets so dirty so quick from the tractors etc driving past. If I had more time to detail then I might consider another black car but I just dont have the time these days.

Its ceramic, quick spray and looks pucker. ;)

6 hours ago, Worton said:

I’ve noted that car being for sale for a while and it does look a nice and well specified example.  It’s a private sale and that probably hinders things with some buyers preferring to buy from a dealer who can provide things such as a trade in, finance facilities, warranty etc.

It think it would be worth checking the service history and any accident history and then see where you go from there.

It’s a lovely looking car but would anyone really part with that much money for a Gen 1. I am in the market for another gen 2 and have noticed the price of a decent 2.9 is now at the price of a similar 3.4!! 

11 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Soup of the day, though their claim that it is "Possibly the best 987 Cayman S in the UK" is a bit of a reach!

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14591166

Best 987 in the UK and yet look at the service history there's a 3 years gap between a service and another 2015-2018  and nearly the same between 02/2020 and 10/2022 lol

1 hour ago, Ash131 said:

It’s a lovely looking car but would anyone really part with that much money for a Gen 1. I am in the market for another gen 2 and have noticed the price of a decent 2.9 is now at the price of a similar 3.4!! 

Also, a 2.9 PDK will be just as quick as a 3.4 gen1 manual.....