OE brake discs - who makes them?

OEM discs are Brembo.

EuroCarParts do them at a decent price!

Can also look on Design911.com

An upgrade is available from several manufacturers i.e Sebro & Kinetix.

I have Kinetix grooved & dimpled discs..

Edited by Mavrik
  • Thanks 1

Car parts for less (the U.K. based division of euro car parts) always tend to be a further 10-15% cheaper than ECP, even through they’re the exact same products, and even delivered to your door by a ECP van!

Pagid, brembo, sebro drilled discs are plenty good enough for even the most spirited of road driving. 

I changed to sebro slotted for track days (with a brembo HP2000 sport pad), but having just done my first and last track day of 2022 this weekend I will be fitting pagid drilled discs in the next couple of weeks with OEM textar pads before selling the car after April. 

I’ve just spent ~£230 from CP4L for front discs, pads, sensors, pad retaining clips, pad anti-vibration shims. 

DO NOT buy your discs & pads from an official Porsche centre - you won’t be getting anything different / better, same textar pads, same brembo (or perhaps Zimmerman on some porkers) discs, just 200-400% dearer in a box with Porsche on it. 👍🏻

• Thanks 1

I'm not 100% sure but I think Porsche uses a few suppliers, Brembo and Textar being 2 of them.  Not sure for which model and year.

Edited by Liongolfer

I can’t comment across the whole Porsche range, but for the 987/997 models the OE of supplier is textar. 

textar is owned by a larger group called TMD Friction, TMD friction is a ‘brake friction materials’ manufacturer for many of the known brands. 

I guarantee you if you buy your OE pads from Porsche they will have the same textar part numbers on them as the ones from CP4L - you’ll just pay 4 times more for them… 🤷‍♂️

if your discs are not below the minimum thicknesses, not cracked, not scored, not corroded then no need to change them when you change pads. 

however, if you are changing discs, then I would change pads at the same time too. 

This PCGB thread has Intel within it re disc dimensions:

https://www.porscheclubgb.com/forum/tm.aspx?m=963070

Jason

Edited by Windymiller
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Don't buy Bembo's from ECP, they're utter crap and will warp in no time.

I've fitted Sebro discs on mine with discount through CarParts4Less and am very happy with them. I can't remember what pads I've used though.

14 hours ago, Spykee said:

Don't buy Bembo's from ECP, they're utter crap and will warp in no time.

I've fitted Sebro discs on mine with discount through CarParts4Less and am very happy with them. I can't remember what pads I've used though.

Do you track or autocross?  I've had Brembos discs and pads for the past 2.5 years and no issues.  100% city driving.

On 20/02/2022 at 02:32, Liongolfer said:

Do you track or autocross?  I've had Brembos discs and pads for the past 2.5 years and no issues.  100% city driving.

Assuming as you've used the term autocross you're not in the UK? I don't track or autocross the car no, but I do drive it hard as its a weekend toy. I've not warped the Cayman discs but I have had issues with ECP Brembo's on my daily. Hence recommending to avoid. Some are made in China others in Europe. The stuff at Euro's is made in China.