Cayman OC "Invitation Cards"?

DJMC

Speaking to a chap with a Cayman today in a supermarket car park, and telling him to look us up, I thought it would be a good idea to have a Cayman OC invitation card, about the size of a credit card so a few could be tucked into members' wallets or purses, which each member could print out (maybe 10 per A4 sheet), cut to size, write in their member name, and leave under a windscreen wiper of any Cayman they spot.

Could the site Admin create a simple invite showing the club's web site, a small amount of blurb, and then something like "come and say hello" with dotted lines under for the current member's (screen) name.

By encouraging owners local to current members, as this chap was to me, it may also allow local friendships to grow between owners near to each other. He had no idea Cayman OC existed.

Yes? No? Do it myself???

• Like 1

Funnily enough I had a conversation with another member about doing this, we debated the pros and cons of a business card type idea that could be left for fellow Cayman owners.  

The outcome is that I'm not sure it's feasible to have a load of business cards printed and to give them to all existing members, the cost and logistics are not justifiable when you look at the opportunity cost of other advertisement methods.  

We may however design a simple card design that members can download and print themselves as you say.  Watch this space :) 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Uncle Dave said:

Funnily enough I had a conversation with another member about doing this, we debated the pros and cons of a business card type idea that could be left for fellow Cayman owners.  

The outcome is that I'm not sure it's feasible to have a load of business cards printed and to give them to all existing members, the cost and logistics are not justifiable when you look at the opportunity cost of other advertisement methods.  

We may however design a simple card design that members can download and print themselves as you say.  Watch this space :) 

Yes, it was the latter "self print" option I had in mind. But a cohesive club design rather than my own amateur stab at it felt like a better idea.

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Tom, can you find a printer who would print professionally and send direct to members for a reasonable cost?

Let's say... £5 posted for 100 cards? Payment via the club or direct. (Club may make a few pennies if you send them out at that price?)

Might be a good idea to have a white, writeable, border or panel at the bottom of the text side so that a member can scribble something in it to personalise if they wish?

• Administrators
31 minutes ago, DJMC said:

Tom, can you find a printer who would print professionally and send direct to members for a reasonable cost?

Let's say... £5 posted for 100 cards? Payment via the club or direct. (Club may make a few pennies if you send them out at that price?)

Might be a good idea to have a white, writeable, border or panel at the bottom of the text side so that a member can scribble something in it to personalise if they wish?

I will come up with something.  Are you suggesting that members would pay to buy these invitation cards? 

2 hours ago, DKR_77 said:

This all seems a bit unecessary...?  Am I missing the point?

Yes. 

2 hours ago, Tom said:

I will come up with something.  Are you suggesting that members would pay to buy these invitation cards? 

...from you, yes. But how many would pay? Or provide us with a self print template, but double sided business cards would be out.

• Administrators
39 minutes ago, DJMC said:

...from you, yes. But how many would pay? Or provide us with a self print template, but double sided business cards would be out.

Ok, self print it is then.  

And some double sided business cards for the admin! 

4 hours ago, Tom said:

Ok, self print it is then.  

And some double sided business cards for the admin! 

...and members who'd like some, and would pay.

• Administrators
26 minutes ago, DJMC said:

...and members who'd like some, and would pay.

We're a car owners club, not a bloody stationary printers! ;) 

As I said, leave it with us David, we'll spend some time having a think between our wise old heads and come up with something which takes your idea and turn it into what will no doubt be an incredible solution. 

1 hour ago, Tom said:

We're a car owners club, not a bloody stationary printers! ;) 

As I said, leave it with us David, we'll spend some time having a think between our wise old heads and come up with something which takes your idea and turn it into what will no doubt be an incredible solution. 

"Old"??!! 

On 25/07/2016 at 12:07, DKR_77 said:

This all seems a bit unecessary...?  Am I missing the point?

It'll work for some people and not others, most owners will head directly for Google and search out the relevant owners club, although as we are still very young having some additional advertisement through our existing members will help to spread awareness of the club.