Owners Club only Track Day Event

• Founder

I've been contacted by Magnitude who run the track days at Hethel in Norfolk (the Lotus test track) about an owners only event.  

I've been to Hethel and it's a fairly short but technical track and was a good test of the Cayman.  

They normally run several sessions per day and don't allow more than about 10 cars out per session.  Cost was very reasonable indeed! 

I'm just gauging interest first of all to see if anybody would be interested? 

• Like 1

Yes definitely!!

Club organised days are by far the best approach to this, avoids having to deal with twerps in £200 snot boxes thinking they're Ayrton Senna! 

Would there be any tuition available? Who would the organising body be (to ensure the event is eligible for my track day cover)?

I'll watch this thread for price and date information then I'll make a final decision but 200 miles and 3h 45m for the journey still sounds like a long way.

• Founder
On 22 June 2016 at 15:30, twopointnine said:

Would there be any tuition available? Who would the organising body be (to ensure the event is eligible for my track day cover)?

I'll watch this thread for price and date information then I'll make a final decision but 200 miles and 3h 45m for the journey still sounds like a long way.

I think they might do tuition.  The organiser is Magnitude, they were an approved organiser when I got my track insurance for the last day I did there. 

• Founder
15 hours ago, Black Flag said:

I am a new Cayman owner and member on here. Would like to put my name down for this depending on dates 

BF

Is this a case of 'Ronseal'....?

• Founder

Well so far, i've got a rough list 

1. Beanoir
  2. Twopointnine (possibly maybe)
  3. Trickle
  4. Bluedot
  5. Masher964
  6. M999PSW
  7. snapper 
  8. Markbarry1977
  9. robj4
  10. flump
  11. Black Flag

I'm trying to work out costs for the day, the whole track for the entire day will be expensive unless we can get lots more attendees.  So it might be a sorter session depends what people are up for and how much we want to pay?  

All suggestions regarding costs etc welcome.