My latest mod

Stokepotter

It does break it up well, I think mirrors will look good in black as well.

Have a look at the Cayman R for inspiration if you haven't already. 

Yeah, I've had a few quotes to get the mirrors wrapped in gloss black, prob wait until next year now as those of you who have read my posts will know I have spent quite heavily this last month or so what with major Service, new exhaust, Zunsport grilles, air con rads and now the pcm upgrade tomorrow it's time to reign it in a bit lol! 

On 18 August 2016 at 12:57, DJMC said:

Don't know why, but I can see the mirrors in satin silver!

Have a think...?

Like Audi RS's

Not sure silver would be as big a contrast.  Graphite would look good though as it will not match anything else it may look odd.  Carbon dipped and gloss lacquer could be a good subtle option?

• Administrators

Take what they did with the Cayman R as a good example, black contrast mirrors etc on the white and light colour cars, on the dark cars they used silver.  

• Founder

Here's a mega quick photoshop for you (very poor quality sorry) but gives an idea of silver mirror on white...I don't think it works personally.  SO i'd agree black is best..  

maxresdefault.jpg

Hey that's really handy to be able to "see before you buy" so to speak and thanks to beanoir for that.

I don't suppose you could do similar showing a black roof? Was watching one of schmee you tube videos the other day and he had his new focus Rs roof wrapped with black vinyl, thought it looked half decent. 

• Founder
7 minutes ago, Stokepotter said:

Hey that's really handy to be able to "see before you buy" so to speak and thanks to beanoir for that.

I don't suppose you could do similar showing a black roof? Was watching one of schmee you tube videos the other day and he had his new focus Rs roof wrapped with black vinyl, thought it looked half decent. 

The trouble with the roof is where do you stop, I think you'd have an edge on the vinyl? 

• Founder

actually you might be right, if you stay between the gutters on the roof you'd have the natural line of the rear boot door.  But then you might have the white showing at the top of the doors? 

• Founder
59 minutes ago, Stokepotter said:

Lol that's great, I too have ended up with time on my hands  today (see my pcm post).

Mmm, not sure to be honest, what do you think? 

I'm not a fan of the black roof actually.  I like the black contrasting mirrors, decals, side vents, spoiler but I think areas like the bonnet and roof are too large an expanse of black and goes too far, IMO of course.  

I also think you need the white club stickers on the small side window too, I think they look quite cool on a white car :)