Cayman R going cheap...

There was a debate on his use of launch control on his original YouTube vid where he swore that he had already warmed the car through before using it. That said, when it went up for sale (he has something to do with the dealership selling it I believe) the YouTube vids were all taken down as they were all simply abusing the car and about trashing rear tyres. Its a shame - I looked at this car just before he bought it and it was a distinct possibility for me other than the fact that it was badly stone chipped with only 9.5k miles on it and came from an owner with "other Porsches". It looked like it had spent more time on the track than on the road which put me off (whether it actually had or not, I don't know).

• 1 month later...

This makes me wince. Sounds so abusive doing that from the dealership not to mention a bit, well, crass. Sitting idling at the dealer to warm up surely wouldn't have been a good way to warm it up prior to that abuse? I drive my Cayman with a steady run for at least twenty mins before any high revs and then do a moderate drive after to try and allow the big bits of metal to cool down evenly. I got this technique from flying a six cylinder aircraft years ago that could suffer with shock loads when going low-high-low temps too quickly. Probably totally unnecessary and complete amateur science on a Cayman but out of mechanical sympathy makes me feel better :-))