Toms 987.2 Cayman - 2018 Show car build

UKtom

8 hours ago, duncan said:

Tom,

Can you give a link to the LEDs you used, any error message issues etc.

Cheers,

Duncan

Hey Duncan,

Here you are; https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F371714456856

They are just a straight swap for the standard halogen bulbs. Plug and play. No error messages either.

Enjoy!

Tom

No real update, but I have paid for and waiting for a steering wheel retrim, plus a couple of other interior retrim goodies. I won’t spoil the surprise with the finish/colour I’ve gone for, but it’s very OEM+. Can’t wait to show you!

Today I went for a Sunday drive down to Goodwood Motor Circuit.

The more I drive this thing, the more I fall in love.

F9_BAE5_B1_E01_E_4176_A258_1_D822291_BAB

63_E7_CCCB_0_BE8_4_D34_BDBA_260_ED25_AE9

DE0_D0_C3_C_131_D_45_D1_A68_E_700_A162_C

Really looking forward to meeting a few of you next weekend at RPM Technik. I am hoping my spacers arrive this week too so I can get them on in time for the meet!

Tom

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

Who did you use for the steering wheel re-trim? Royal? 

Yeah! Jack has been very patient with me changing my mind on a frequent basis as to what finish I wanted prior to placing the order.

It’s so hard trying to visualise how it will look but should be ready a week tomorrow:1_grinning:

Edited by UKtom

Spacers have arrived, Thankyou to GregD2016! Now to just find time to get them fitted before Sunday...

0_FD5_DFD7_F78_C_430_F_BD1_D_D17_BD65_F6

They are 15mm rear and 5mm front. I don’t expect the fronts to make much/any difference but we’ll see.

Tom

• Like 1

You’ll be giving yourself more understeer with that F/R combo Tom, it’s more usual for Cayman owners to increase the front track to reduce the understeer on these cars.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SpannerMan said:

You’ll be giving yourself more understeer with that F/R combo Tom, it’s more usual for Cayman owners to increase the front track to reduce the understeer on these cars.  

Really!? I haven't done much research to be fair but that surprises me! Thanks for the heads up. I'll see how I get on, they might not last long if that is the case... :2_grimacing:

Tom

• Founder
43 minutes ago, UKtom said:

Really!? I haven't done much research to be fair but that surprises me! Thanks for the heads up. I'll see how I get on, they might not last long if that is the case... :2_grimacing:

Tom

I added 7mm spacers to the front of my CR to dial out the factory understeer, best mod I ever did.  I had the camber set in as far as possible and the spacers and it brought the car to life!  Didn't put any on the rears. 

• Thanks 1

Another update on the cayman tonight (my girlfriend is going to kill me with the amount I'm spending on it recently!!)

Managed to bag a standard Cayman S exhaust system off eBay for a mere £40, so it will be going on the car soon to replace the cat-back straight through... much to my neighbours delight.

If anyones interested in the straight through please let me know as I'm happy to let it go cheap - video here: 

Tom

9 hours ago, Bushman said:

sounds sweet. might be very interested in this myself Tom

I will be at the RPM Technik get together on Sunday if you’re going? You’re welcome to have a listen/inspect it!

Tom