North Coast 500

Maxheadroom

Hi guys n girls, kinda Cayman related , thinking of driving the north coast 500 possibly next year so just got a couple of questions 1. wondering if anyone on this forum has driven it in your Cayman  ? 2. How far and few in between are the petrol stations on the north coast of Scotland.

cheers.

1. Nope but have traversed some adjacent / intermediate routes ... choose your timing very carefully, off peak preferably.

2. Check out https://www.northcoast500.com/explore-the-route/ if not already done so.

Also consider ... https://www.northeast250.com/ , again ... have not run this exact route. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mk1 said:

1. Nope but have traversed some adjacent / intermediate routes ... choose your timing very carefully, off peak preferably.

2. Check out https://www.northcoast500.com/explore-the-route/ if not already done so.

Also consider ... https://www.northeast250.com/ , again ... have not run this exact route. 

I’ve glanced over the north coast 500,  but didn’t realise there was a northeast 250 , thanks MK1

• 2 months later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi @Highland Fling, epic response, many thanks but first my apologies for not replying to your post. Not sure why/how I missed it but managed to some how. Excellent advice which has given some real food for thought and will deffo help plan our rout. Not sure when yet as this years gonna be really busy at work so September could be a winner if not then April next year. Once again many thanks

I did it anti-clockwise last summer in an Elise and caterham. Was awesome.

flew to Inverness, and went to John o groats, Thurso, Ullapool and Skye before heading back via Cairngorms 

• Like 1

I did this route (see pic) last year with 9 other other cars. We started and ended in Edinburgh, staying in Durness and Loch Ness on the way. I hired a base 718 which is what hooked me on the Cayman. It was an awesome machine, very fast once rolling and kept up with M2s, M3s a GTR, and several RS4s.

We are going again this year in September, highly recommended.

Screenshot 2019-04-04 07.30.43.png

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 04/04/2019 at 07:35, Dougle_turbo said:

I did this route (see pic) last year with 9 other other cars. We started and ended in Edinburgh, staying in Durness and Loch Ness on the way. I hired a base 718 which is what hooked me on the Cayman. It was an awesome machine, very fast once rolling and kept up with M2s, M3s a GTR, and several RS4s.

We are going again this year in September, highly recommended.

Screenshot 2019-04-04 07.30.43.png

How many days did it take you to cover this route Douglas_Turbo,  It looks slightly shorter than the route on the NC500 website. We were hoping to take a week so giving us plenty of time to explore and enjoy Scotland

1 minute ago, Maxheadroom said:

How many days did it take you to cover this route Douglas_Turbo,  It looks slightly shorter than the route on the NC500 website. We were hoping to take a week so giving us plenty of time to explore and enjoy Scotland

We did it in three days of driving, with a travel day at either end. The first two days we covered a lot of ground, I would say 5 days doing the full route would let you cover it at a sensible pace and explore a bit. We didn't explore at all, well just the hotel bar.

• Like 1

There’s no chance of me being able to cover a lot of ground with my wife in passenger seat, it only takes a slight rise in engine note which is then followed by copious amounts of disapproval :( I’ll be definitely be exploring the hotel bars but sadly not a whiskey fan.

• Like 1