My Cayman Gen 2 and mods

Peopleandcars

If you like the styling of the body kit - fine, but don’t think the handling of the car is going to alter dramatically.  5000 USD to get “10lbs more downforce vs stock at speed of 90mph...” A similar mechanical effect could perhaps be achieved with a bag of cat litter in the boot for a fraction of the price.

2 hours ago, duncan said:

If you like the styling of the body kit - fine, but don’t think the handling of the car is going to alter dramatically.  5000 USD to get “10lbs more downforce vs stock at speed of 90mph...” A similar mechanical effect could perhaps be achieved with a bag of cat litter in the boot for a fraction of the price.

Well that's the Cayman R aero.. Indeed is nothing

Got the cayman back from RPM Technik

The fixed the suspension issue, did a geo and corner balance

Additional works

- Numeric Racing shifter cables

- coolant hoses and condensers / ac regas

- Cayman R rear sway bar

- oil change with Fuchs supersyn 5w40

- new spark plugs

Car feel poised and precise, shifting is quite hardcore now. Is sort of as hard as a short shifter but with normal throw, requires more strength due to this. Probably shortening the throw would make it feel even better. Added some noises in cabin as well which is (for me) a plus.

• Like 1

I’d be interested in hearing the differences in your cabin from the numerics cables. 

I had had a quote from RPM for coolant pipes and hoses replacement of £1400 (parts & labour) - what have they charged you?

1 hour ago, Windymiller said:

I’d be interested in hearing the differences in your cabin from the numerics cables. 

I had had a quote from RPM for coolant pipes and hoses replacement of £1400 (parts & labour) - what have they charged you?

Sure thing -- come to Brands Saturday to see the Radicals? I wont be able to make it the 25th at the meeting. If not next time!

For coolant -- that sounds steep. I normally bring my parts I source cheap for pretty much any item (e.g. my radiators were 80 each from carparts4less, all indie shops  I spoke to quoted me 200-300 per each!!). In this case I could not be bothered with the pipe and hoses kit so ended up paying 350+ parts and 450+  give or take.

There a deal on parts full kit on ebay but is US and you can get away with 220gbp..but then there is tax and shipping. That said I am sure you can source the parts cheaper if you have the patience to get all part numbers from the PET -- I needed the car ready for the track day so time was also an issue for me.

Actually the ebay link has all the PNs listed! https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/For-Porsche-987-Boxster-Cayman-Manual-Trans-Radiator-Water-Coolant-9-Hoses-Kit/362087372843?hash=item544e16d82b:g:EhQAAOSwCL9Zp8iO:rk:4:pf:0

14 hours ago, Peopleandcars said:

Saw black on black decals and thought they looked very good so had a switch around + some other matte black bits

lvGbEBF.jpg

PSX3mNE.jpg

uOzxJzf.jpg

The side grille stone guard looks great, and its a much more sensible size. Have you protected the narrow edge of the side vent as well? This seems to be a magnet for stone chips.

7 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

The side grille stone guard looks great, and its a much more sensible size. Have you protected the narrow edge of the side vent as well? This seems to be a magnet for stone chips.

Not sure which part you mean!

I wanted it to go down following the end curve but what's cut is cut -- next time!

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...
On 04/03/2019 at 13:08, Craiglm68 said:

Speaking of Fuch's, I put these on my car just before Xmas (with spacers), 18" on standard PASM

IMG_2985 (1).JPG

Looks great, hows the ride?

I am still thinking the OZ...next year..

On 03/08/2019 at 04:38, Peopleandcars said:

Looks great, hows the ride?

I am still thinking the OZ...next year..

Ride is great, spacers made a positive difference, and Fuch's are lighter than the Cayman S alloys she came with

• 10 months later...