Out door car cover for winter

Daz

Hi can anyone recommend a fitted outdoor car cover to store my 987 through the winter months. Unfortunately no room in the garage ☹️

@Red Square Images Agree... Mine is fleece lined & I always wash 'n' wax before putting the cover on (which isn't all the time as I use it regularly) Generally if I'm away for a few days or on holiday etc...

I have a nice one from custom covers but I am hesitant to use it for long periods in damp conditions, With temperature changes from day to night and with moisture coming up from underneath, condensation will form and not evaporate or wick through a damp cover this is generally worse than the car getting wet and allowing air to circulate round it. a car, after all, is designed to sit outside and be driven in the wet and then air blowing over it will help to move the dampness

• 2 weeks later...

I have one for sale if still looking?  its a very good one and I used it for the first winter I had the CR until my garage was built.  Still looks as new and storage bag.

I cant remember what make it is but will look when home. I know it retails about £150 but looking for £70 for it.

No problem. Let us know the make. May be I can pop over and take a look. I’m in Bearsted and I think your near.

Okay it’s a ‘Cover-Zone StormForce’ 4 layer all weather cover. Retails at £183 so gives you an idea that it’s good quality and up to the job. 

https://www.cover-zone.com/products/search-results/?make=69&model=Cayman&year=2011&trim=Sports

Meopham near Wrotham so not far from Bearstead. 

FD1396A7-D3C4-4329-A101-F56A788FA4CA.jpeg

EB58BA19-2344-4A85-9B4A-504B2754B530.jpeg

Hi I'll buy the cover. Can I pick it up on Saturday or tomorrow night.

Thank 

Darren

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t have a garage so use a hamilton classic autopod. Been very happy with it. Doesn’t touch the paint. Not cheap though. But It’s survived some real harsh storms here in NI last winter. It needs a lot of space, it’s about 20 feet long I think. Goo thing is you can drive your car in and out so good enough for frequent use. 

Buggyjam

I like the idea but unfortunately neighbours would complain. I live in area with open plan gardens. I bought a cover from 

MJ and it's just the job ( thank you Martin) Just got to pick up a ctek battery conditioner and some moisture crystal for in side and I'll be ready to put the Cayman away for the winter when the weather turns. Hopefully a few months yet.

5 hours ago, Daz said:

Buggyjam

I like the idea but unfortunately neighbours would complain. I live in area with open plan gardens. I bought a cover from 

MJ and it's just the job ( thank you Martin) Just got to pick up a ctek battery conditioner and some moisture crystal for in side and I'll be ready to put the Cayman away for the winter when the weather turns. Hopefully a few months yet.

Yeah the autopod does stand out a mile.  It looks like a military canteen tent! Mine sticks above the fence but luckily my neighbours are all on side and like my car. I also use mine rain shine and snow so have to have something I can access quickly. If you’re laying over the winter a cover is just the ticket. I’ve got a ctek. Dead good. 

If youre a PCGB member you get a discount on covers from Classic Additions which ive seen on a friends Performante and theyre beatufully made.

Well worth a look

On 05/09/2018 at 14:00, Frayz said:

If youre a PCGB member you get a discount on covers from Classic Additions which ive seen on a friends Performante and theyre beatufully made.

Well worth a look

Have to agree with the above. I've been using one for over 2 years now, the longest it's been on for has been 2 months...NO issues whatsoever. I would recommend the small size, you won't require the tailored version as the universal fit is perfect for the Cayman 987. I could go on but trust me, no marring of paint, no condensation, etc, etc.

Obviously the car needs to be clean prior to installation, but that's a given and doesn't require repeating every time someone mentions car covers... ?

• 3 months later...

Going to finally pull the trigger on a Classic Additions Ultimate Outdoor for the R.

Does anyone have photo of one fitted tyo an R/aerokitted car be it fully tailored or semi fitted?

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...