Brands Hatch Full Grand Prix Circuit - Tues 21st Aug - MSV

Mavrik

Anyone booked on for this? 

Full GP circuit - The full day  price is extortionate imo but I'm booked on for the PM sessions for £249 (MSV)

Give me a holla if you're going! ?

Looks great mate - I found the Indy circuit boring after a half day at Brands (it was pouring with rain also, making it very greasy), but the GP circuit looks really fun and interesting. 

Love your camera etc set up, particular the rear facing display on your after market head unit ??

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Looks great mate - I found the Indy circuit boring after a half day at Brands (it was pouring with rain also, making it very greasy), but the GP circuit looks really fun and interesting. 

Love your camera etc set up, particular the rear facing display on your after market head unit ??

I've done the Indy probably around 15 times in total now & as you say, it is a bit boring & like a merry-go-round! It is good for "time attack" though ?

The full GP isn't open that often through the season due to Council noise restrictions so is a bit exclusive (and ridiculously priced imo) but they added a half day from 2-5pm as there wasn't that many cars booked on tbh (due to the full day price being 450 notes!) The majority of cars there were the Clio Cup Series race cars & they were there testing before the next round!

The rear view camera I've connected so that you can switch it live at the touch of a button - The head unit & rear view cam are both Pioneer DVD jobbies...

• 3 weeks later...
On 09/09/2018 at 09:15, MarkGTS said:

Impressed with that video mate! 

Booked on for the GP circuit in October in my 350z HR313 ... We'll see what the Zed can do with its extra 13bhp ?

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 12/09/2018 at 00:44, Mavrik said:

Booked on for the GP circuit in October in my 350z HR313 ... We'll see what the Zed can do with its extra 13bhp ?

which date are you booked in for??

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/10/2018 at 18:20, MarkGTS said:

which date are you booked in for??

@MarkGTS

Booked on for the "afternoon" session on 24th October ;-)... You going?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/09/2018 at 00:44, Mavrik said:

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE:

Well! 

Took my 350z GT Roadster round Brands GP circuit ?

Bearing in mind the Zed is 265kg heavier but with roughly an extra 13bhp (and incidently half the price of my Cayman S) I was running virtually the same lap times :35_thinking:

In fact, my best lap in the Zed was a thou quicker lol & with the roof down... Go figure...

Clip here: 

Edited by Mavrik

6 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

Great video! I'm going next Monday , any tips for the GP track?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Craiglm68

My tip would be to turn in later than I did!! Taking a later apex is sure to carry more speed through the corners... Also, try & brake as late as you dare & turn in later at the end of Pilgrims Drop going into the right at Hawthorns. I'm sure I could also brake later & carry more speed through Stirlings as there is a lot of +ve camber on that bend than you think ?

I still haven't completely sussed what gear to be in for Hawthorn & Westfield.

You'll see from my clip that I was in "control" of the car all the way round but for a much quicker lap you'll need to completely trust your tyres & carry more speed through the corners & get on the gas on the exits sooner than I did!

I was originally running the Michelin Pilot Super Sports on my Cayman but I've now changed to much more track focused Advan AD08R which are much more confidence inspiring imo.

Have a look on Youtube for track guides for the best lines etc.

The main tip is just to enjoy yourself & drive within your limits ?

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, jcm987 said:

@Mavrik Sounds like time to modify the Cayman some more...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@jcm987 I've spent far too much dosh on tyres & brakes already lol :35_thinking:

I've just bought the GT3 master cylinder but haven't got round to fitting it yet.

I'd love some adjustable coilovers but "the computer says NO"

Incidently, jcm987 what sort of times are you running in your modded Cayman? :35_thinking:

7 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

Great video! I'm going next Monday , any tips for the GP track?

@Craiglm68 Next Monday? Who with... I didn't think there was any more GP days this year???