New member from Lincoln UK

Dan Norton

I have a copy of the Porsche drives book and I found it usefulness planning  tour next June.  I picked a second hand copy up from eBay for £10

Chanel tunnel booked for 21st June. Then a night in Baden Baden ( looked good after Nick tour last year) then drive through Black Forest. A night in Lake Lucerne then down to Lake Como via a number of mountain passes. Staying in lake Como Bellagio for 4 nights. Need to plan route back. But plan on doing it fairly directly with on stop over.

• Like 1

Sounds like a GREAT trip so far. Of course we will all be expecting a full report, blow by blow (corner by corner) descriptions, gear selections for respective passes, optimal tyre pressures, and lots of photos afterwards!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 03/01/2019 at 22:39, Windymiller said:

There’s a fabulous Porsche Drives book about all those (and many more) alpine passes:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Porsche-Drive-Passes-Switzerland-Austria/dp/3667102895

Oh wow, thanks for the link.....definitely will purchase this 👍

On 04/01/2019 at 06:04, Daz said:

I have a copy of the Porsche drives book and I found it usefulness planning  tour next June.  I picked a second hand copy up from eBay for £10

Chanel tunnel booked for 21st June. Then a night in Baden Baden ( looked good after Nick tour last year) then drive through Black Forest. A night in Lake Lucerne then down to Lake Como via a number of mountain passes. Staying in lake Como Bellagio for 4 nights. Need to plan route back. But plan on doing it fairly directly with on stop over.

Hi Daz, very similar to me.

Driving down to Bern for the first day (stopping off en route at the old Reims Circuit ).

1 night at top of Mount Pilatus (mountain next to Lucerne),

1 night in Lugano after the Furka pass

1 night Verona,

1 night Maranello 

3 nights Lake Garda

1 night Bormio then the Stelvio Pass on way upto Germany

1 night in Konstanz - lake Bodensee

1 night Heidelberg after Black Forrest drive

1 night Monschau (google this amazing little chocolate box town in the Eifel region of Germany)

2 nights Bruge (stopping at Spa on the way up)

We are going May 23rd onwards.....look forwrad to your pictures aswell

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

great stuff Dan, congrats!  

Can't beat a Carnewal exhaust 👍

Love its sound on tickover when it starts up (sounds like a mini GT3 ), and ive also noticed that the factory Xenon headlights on full beam are probably the best ive had on any car ever (including a company Volvo V40 with Xenons from 2013).

• Founder
4 minutes ago, Dan Norton said:

Love its sound on tickover when it starts up (sounds like a mini GT3 )

I really miss mine, did a video a little while back...only way to get my kicks at the moment!  

• Like 1

Dan

Lovely car. Your planned trip looks fun. Just one question. Have you done any research on the opening times for the mountain passes. I'm not an expert and only going on what I have read. Some only open in June and can still have snow. Others on COC will have a better understanding. 

Enjoy

Darren

20 hours ago, Beanoir said:

I really miss mine, did a video a little while back...only way to get my kicks at the moment!  

Gone, but never forgotten Nick... 😥

your scooby must have a decent flat-4 burble to it though eh? 🤔

Edited by Windymiller
  • Haha 1

23 hours ago, Dan Norton said:

WHAT A CAR!!!

Absolutely fallen in love with it immediately...

Cayman S pick up day 12 Jan 2019.jpg

😁👍🏻

I remember that feeling when you pick your first one up - I still get it now whenever I go to take her out the garage. 

Yours looks lovely mate - great colour (is it GT silver?), and xenons and sports design seats and the Carnewal - what a find!

i have a project north of Lincoln over the next couple of years, I’ll come in mine some time over the summer and we can head out on some of the great road up there - I like the A46 northwards from Lincoln, and then the A1173 - 2 fab roads to have some fun on. 🏎🏎👍🏻👍🏻😁

13 hours ago, Daz said:

Dan

Lovely car. Your planned trip looks fun. Just one question. Have you done any research on the opening times for the mountain passes. I'm not an expert and only going on what I have read. Some only open in June and can still have snow. Others on COC will have a better understanding. 

Enjoy

Darren

Hi Darren,

Yeah after doing a lot of research, i notice we are going at a time where we might miss the opening of the passes.

Noticed last year they opened roughly May 20th onwards, but its totally dependent on how much snow they've had and what summer they are having .....oh well, our time off is booked, and its just going to be 50/50 if some are open or not.

Cheers

Dan

23 hours ago, Beanoir said:

Great video,......and yup....sounds just like that 😎

2 hours ago, Windymiller said:

😁👍🏻

I remember that feeling when you pick your first one up - I still get it now whenever I go to take her out the garage. 

Yours looks lovely mate - great colour (is it GT silver?), and xenons and sports design seats and the Carnewal - what a find!

i have a project north of Lincoln over the next couple of years, I’ll come in mine some time over the summer and we can head out on some of the great road up there - I like the A46 northwards from Lincoln, and then the A1173 - 2 fab roads to have some fun on. 🏎🏎👍🏻👍🏻😁

Thanks very much!

Arctic silver....just think its the lighting on the photo.

It has PASM and Sports Chrono, also PCM2 & Bose system (which i'm really impressed with).

Are the seats different to normal?

Sounds good for a meet up for sure! Where abouts north of Lincoln?

Cheers

• Founder
On 04/01/2019 at 06:04, Daz said:

That sounds like a great trip!  ha! 

On 19/01/2019 at 22:10, Dan Norton said:

Thanks very much!

Arctic silver....just think its the lighting on the photo.

It has PASM and Sports Chrono, also PCM2 & Bose system (which i'm really impressed with).

Are the seats different to normal?

Sounds good for a meet up for sure! Where abouts north of Lincoln?

Cheers

What an awesome spec with the PASM and Sport Chrono too. 

Yes your seats appear to have the broader shoulder bolsters, which make them the sports design seats (as opposed to ‘just’ sports seats). Yours may also have additional adjustments and seat Memory possibly?

my site is up near Grimsby and North killingholme - I tend to stay in cleethorpes when up there (about once every 8 weeks ish). The A46 and A1143 between Lincoln to cleethorpes are pretty good roads - broad, good surfaces, nice bends, limited traffic. 

I took my porsche up once last year, so I’ll bring her up again sometime in the summer 👍🏻

Edited by Windymiller
  • Like 1