New member from Lincoln UK

Dan Norton

Hello all,

My name is Dan, reside in Lincoln, and i'm in the market for my first Cayman. 😀

Over the Christmas break, i'm going to be travelling up and down the country looking for a nice spec 987 Cayman S, hopefully i'll have a purchase update before the break is over (back to work Jan 3rd).

I've owned one Porsche previously, an 87 944S (the 2.5 16v) which i owned for two years and was my wedding car actually.

Looking forward to getting involved as i go along.

Cheers

Dan

3 hours ago, Craiglm68 said:

Lovely looking example, congrats!

Thanks buddy. 

Absolutely buzzing about owning one. Had a look at a Black one with Tan leather at a dealer near Oxford, but it was nowhere near as good as this. 

Can't wait.....And I'm really not bothered about Christmas anymore, just want Jan 12th to arrive.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, phil27 said:

That’s looks very nice great looking Cayman. Nice way to start the new year.

Thanks very much....really looking forward to getting it home. 

Those guys I've bought it from are top notch. Great setup there and seem to be real enthusiasts .

On 22/12/2018 at 09:26, Beanoir said:

Welcome to the OC Dan! Lovely looking car 👍🏻👍🏻

Thank you for the welcome!

It really is a nice one, and extremely pleased with the options it has and how it looks.

Wife and i are doing a European road trip next year (May time), and we are taking in the Stelvio and Furka pass, ending up on Lake Garda, and Maranello (wrong forum i know.....but i cant hide my Ferrari obsession 😁).......and i couldn't be more excited to take the Cayman on such a trip! 

You'll love it in your Cayman, it's a great tourer. Just a couple of points if you've not done one before. In May some of the pases could still be closed (check first), Stelvio although spectacular to look at, is probably one of the most disappointing to drive, and if you're going to the Ferrari museum we also found that disappointing. The Porsche museum is much better, and the Mercedes one (we've not done this) is said to be very good.

If the Furka is open, also include taking in the Susten, Grimsell, and Nufenen, as they're better to drive.

• Like 1

She’s a stunna Dan 😍👍🏻

(just for clarity - thats the 987 im commenting on, not your better half mate 😉)

love the R style side decal - nice contast to the silver, not long till the 12th now. 

welcome to the COC 😁

Welcome Dan,

if you're going down that way in May you could possibly catch part of the Mille Miglia!

We've been over the Stelvio late May early June and it had just opened. The road was clear but the snow at the sides of the road was deeper than the car! Drove from an ice storm at the summit to 30deg by Lake Garda in a couple of hours.

There are live web cams, and plenty of info on line with up to date conditions.

Cheers

Gary

On 23/12/2018 at 21:56, mr pg said:

You'll love it in your Cayman, it's a great tourer. Just a couple of points if you've not done one before. In May some of the pases could still be closed (check first), Stelvio although spectacular to look at, is probably one of the most disappointing to drive, and if you're going to the Ferrari museum we also found that disappointing. The Porsche museum is much better, and the Mercedes one (we've not done this) is said to be very good.

If the Furka is open, also include taking in the Susten, Grimsell, and Nufenen, as they're better to drive.

Thanks for the heads up on the passes, i had a feeling it would be a way into the year before they open.....we travel down for the Furka on the 25th May, and Stelvio on the 1st June..so it will be touch and go i believe.

Was looking at the Grimsell aswell, but not heard of the other two (will have a look).

In regards to the museums, i'm very lucky in the fact my job has taken me to all the major car museums in Europe, so have been to both Ferrari museums multiple times....i love it there personally.

Mercedes Benz world is brilliant, the building doesn't possess one level line, and makes for some interesting viewing, and their collection is brilliant.....there's a dealership attached, and you can sit in nearly every model going.

On 27/12/2018 at 18:00, Windymiller said:

She’s a stunna Dan 😍👍🏻

(just for clarity - thats the 987 im commenting on, not your better half mate 😉)

love the R style side decal - nice contast to the silver, not long till the 12th now. 

welcome to the COC 😁

Many thanks .....in all regards! 😁

Getting the first train out of Lincoln on the 12th 🙋‍♂️

On 27/12/2018 at 20:43, garytipping said:

Welcome Dan,

if you're going down that way in May you could possibly catch part of the Mille Miglia!

We've been over the Stelvio late May early June and it had just opened. The road was clear but the snow at the sides of the road was deeper than the car! Drove from an ice storm at the summit to 30deg by Lake Garda in a couple of hours.

There are live web cams, and plenty of info on line with up to date conditions.

Cheers

Gary

Hi Gary - just going to miss the Mille Miglia unfortunately - but am doing the Villa De este Concours at Villa Erba.

Would like to message you directly on your trip as we are getting to the Furka for the 25th Mat and Stelvio on the 1st June....so would love an idea of Toll route costs, tips etc.

Cheers

Dan