New tyres - seriously impressed.

Nice review Dougle. 

I was looking at the new GY SS just last week but couldn’t find fronts and rears in 19” so ordered the MPS4S. Getting fitted on saturday. 

How mich did you pay for the set of 4 fitted and where at/from. I ended up using justtyres.co.uk @ a shade under £800 fitted. 

I know camskill / oponeo etc do them cheaper, but then I have to pay for fitting anyway and lug 4 tyres around etc. 

8 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Nice review Dougle. 

I was looking at the new GY SS just last week but couldn’t find fronts and rears in 19” so ordered the MPS4S. Getting fitted on saturday. 

How mich did you pay for the set of 4 fitted and where at/from. I ended up using justtyres.co.uk @ a shade under £800 fitted. 

I know camskill / oponeo etc do them cheaper, but then I have to pay for fitting anyway and lug 4 tyres around etc. 

I used www.mytyres.com, and chose the fully fitted option. They delivered to a place around the corner from me. I don't have the numbers to hand but from memory it was £700 all in. I had all ready paid for a full set of MPS4S from Costco (£800) but they weren't available soon enough so had to get a refund.

Anything under £800 is a great price for the MPS4S. My price had been discounted because there was an offer on - good work! 👍

1 hour ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I used www.mytyres.com, and chose the fully fitted option. They delivered to a place around the corner from me. I don't have the numbers to hand but from memory it was £700 all in. I had all ready paid for a full set of MPS4S from Costco (£800) but they weren't available soon enough so had to get a refund.

Anything under £800 is a great price for the MPS4S. My price had been discounted because there was an offer on - good work! 👍

That’s an incredible price fitted. 👍🏻

Just looked on camskill again and GY SS supply only is ~£720, slightly more than MPS4S! 😱

• Confused 1

Hi Dougie, is the wear rate witchcraft as you'd perhaps have worn out other tyres after 4 track days?

Im on GY F1 A2s so will keep a look out for the GYSS when it's time to change.

Oh... are they Porsche N marked by the way, as the F1 A2s are?

8 hours ago, DJMC said:

Hi Dougie, is the wear rate witchcraft as you'd perhaps have worn out other tyres after 4 track days?

Im on GY F1 A2s so will keep a look out for the GYSS when it's time to change.

Oh... are they Porsche N marked by the way, as the F1 A2s are?

With the miles and track days I have done I'd have expected to have only 4/3 mm left on the tyres. I think the standard F1 tyres lasted 4/5 track days.

The Supersports aren't N rated as far as I'm aware. I understand this is important for those with Porsche warranties, but if you don't have one the new tyre tech is so much more advanced now you're better off with a new tyre.

• 1 year later...

Sorry I'm a year late, Dougle. I am now looking for some new rears for my Cayman R to replace elderly P Zeros. Would you still recommend the GY Supersports a year into ownership? 

• 4 weeks later...

heard very good stuff about the GY SS but as mentioned the treadwear is lower than the MPS4S so definitely something to consider when making the purchase - they are unlikely to last as long as the pilot 4s's