Cayman GTS 4.0

On 22/02/2020 at 11:35, Beanoir said:

I have to say, i'm desperately tempted by one...  

If all my ducks were in a row, i'd be looking at one of these quite seriously, is it the perfect Cayman...?  

And it would look like this.. 

Screenshot 2020-02-22 at 11.38.06 copy.png

Loving the retro look Nick - very 80s Lotus JPS F1 styleeee 👍🏻

and yes, I think the 4.0 GTS has gotta be the perfect ‘all things to all people’ Cayman - and possibly even Porsche overall.... 🤔😲

• 1 month later...

Just annoying to have to pay £20k (£46k v £66k) more for a 6 cylinder when it used to be standard on the 981 and 987.

Also only £11k less than a GT4.

2 hours ago, GlosRich said:

Just annoying to have to pay £20k (£46k v £66k) more for a 6 cylinder when it used to be standard on the 981 and 987.

Also only £11k less than a GT4.

Aye, but you can also get 981GTS now for <£50k, I think the new GTS 4.0 will further depress the 981 prices and their are quite a number of very nice low mileage warranted examples for sale currently. 

and that means you can get a 340bhp GTS ‘daily driver track weapon’ for ~£30k less than a GT4 (see the man-maths at work here - it’s all about what you save, not spend 😉). 

• Thanks 1

• 4 months later...

really liking the look of the 4.0 and i'm in agreement with Windymiller too. It will only bring down the prices of the 981GTS which i've been eyeing up for a while, they are still commanding serious money for the age of the vehicle.

Once the drop below 35k they'll be a good steal...

Edited by SarlechS

• Founder
16 minutes ago, Windymiller said:

There are currently x3 2015 981 GTS with <<25k miles for sale at various OPCs for £46.9k!!!

They're coming down, this time last year they were mid-50s.  I agree with @SarlechS - £35k would peak my interest I think. 

• Like 1

So very nearly bought a 981 GTS but COVID & lockdown meant I couldn’t travel 250 miles to collect the car. I was gutted at the time but happy/relieved now because I then included the Cayman R in my searches.... 😍