New Wheel Bolts?

Hi folks

I have 19"  Turbo II alloys and the rusty bolts are letting the side down. I was going to refurb them myself but decided to treat myself to a new set. Design911 have a set by DT for £68 has anyone any experience of these or have any other suggestions?

Many thanks all

Rob

When the time came to replace my (very corroded) bolts I used it as the opportunity to fit 7mm F and 15mm R spacers (and therefore longer bolts). Does make it a more expensive project, but makes a massive difference to the stance of the car. Gert Carnewal supplied the parts (H&R). Unless you've got spacers already of course! 

• Like 1

That's something worth considering thanks Ben.  Stance wise mine doesn't look to bad to be fair but will have a look at Carnewal.

I have also just had a look at the OE bolts and even new they dont look great.

I ditched the bolts altogether and went with a stud conversion kit. It looks much better and is far easier when it comes to removing/refitting wheels.

Mine was from MTEC and appears to be well made.

The one thing you do need to be careful about is not overtorquing the studs when you fit them to the hub. Once they are fitted into the hub, you torque the nuts up to the standard 130nm

• Like 1

I purchased these. Plated instead of the absolutely wretched "galvanised look / fast rust' stock items.

I've got black covers on mine to be fair - but they've held up great so far after a year of use.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/PORSCHE-Boxter-Wheel-Bolts-986-987-981-OE-Style-Alloy-Nut-Stud-x20/163710417641?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rob66 said:

Cheers Syer I like the look of those. Where did you get your covers?

Hi Rob,

I'm anal: badly.....do you know i must have bought literally and honestly 6 sets of covers until i got the ones i liked the look of. And were semi-matt finish. And were long enough to not sit right "in" the wheel. And have a slot around the top for easy removal with the removal tool 🙄 So i ended up with these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Vauxhall-Mokka-Wheel-Bolt-Cover-Caps-Black-13450278-19mm-x-20/153313496083

XzVEEZP.jpg

Edited by sevenfourate
  • Like 1

Thanks again they look good, probably be better with grey covers on mine.  The bolts look like a great option though.   I'm a bit like you I bought 3 sets of covers for our Ibiza before I was happy with them..

4 minutes ago, Rob66 said:

Thanks again they look good, probably be better with grey covers on mine.  The bolts look like a great option though.   I'm a bit like you I bought 3 sets of covers for our Ibiza before I was happy with them..

I'm sure the Vauxhall covers come in Grey too. Probably from same seller.......(?)

Ker-Ching******https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Vauxhall-Astra-Wheel-Bolt-Cover-Caps-Grey-13450279-19mm-x-20/153668367089?hash=item23c75932f1:g:vAEAAOSwSihdlHfT

• Like 1

I've just taken one bolt at a time out of each wheel, degrease, wire wool then sprayed with silver hammerite.

Do that each evening for 5 nights and they are done. Shows I have no friends...lol

By the way, I don't drive the car with a bolt missing, use my other car.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sevenfourate said:

Hi Rob,

I'm anal: badly.....do you know i must have bought literally and honestly 6 sets of covers until i got the ones i liked the look of. And were semi-matt finish. And were long enough to not sit right "in" the wheel. And have a slot around the top for easy removal with the removal tool 🙄 So i ended up with these:

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-Vauxhall-Mokka-Wheel-Bolt-Cover-Caps-Black-13450278-19mm-x-20/153313496083

XzVEEZP.jpg

You are not as anal as me 😄

The yellow dot on the tyre should be directly next to the valve 🙄

1 hour ago, Rob66 said:

That's a great idea Rich. I'll be giving that a go and see how I get on.   Cheers

I usually have an egg box or sheet of cardboard with holes in to poke them through, then you can spray a batch quickly.

• Like 1