Cayman R Chat

That's unfair :( I just read through the pages and there was nothing anything like grievous or malicious. All very polite and restrained as far as I can see, unless some comments have been deleted?

25 minutes ago, Andy Fagan said:

That's unfair :( I just read through the pages and there was nothing anything like grievous or malicious. All very polite and restrained as far as I can see, unless some comments have been deleted?

Don't let it spoil this thread. I called him a fuckwit and started a new thread called the CMoose argumentative thread so all his arguments could go in there. Mods deleted it all and life banned me.

I think Cmoose must be the mod?

Tosser.

Anyway, let's keep on track, tell the guys about the meet I'm trying to arrange or better yet link this thread.

• Haha 1

• Founder
9 minutes ago, Budflicker said:

Hi Nick,

Meet up thread started, I hope you and Lou are all good in these strange days.

I take back everything I said about CMoose,. He's a #$@%

We're all good mate, keeping out of trouble!  Just in the process of spending untold amounts of money on modding a 996..

I'll catch up with you at this CR meet, failing that I'll be arranging an OC meet up at some point soon (on the 'to do' list)

• Like 1

Afternoon All,

Picked up my GT Silver Cayman R yesterday. Pics to follow when I’ve given it a clean after another quick drive out this afternoon, assuming weather plays ball.

Rich

• Like 1

Thanks for the welcome guys.

Yes, the drive home yesterday was far from ideal but made it in one piece which is all I was bothered about at some points.

Proper driving impressions and pics will have to wait - there’s been some “incident” down here (A30/Devon/Cornwall border) and the roads have been a disaster all day. 

Well up for the planned big meet next year, dates permitting obviously. 

Side note - would be great if this thread/forum became lively again away from all the bullshit over on PH.

Edited by swanny71

58 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

This is the place to be 😀 

Hey you know that Ruby CR we were discussing at £50K, there is video on it today @ 

I don't like the colour, maybe if the decals and accents were in black it would look better?

It's a market tester that's for sure.

22 minutes ago, Budflicker said:

I don't like the colour, maybe if the decals and accents were in black it would look better?

It's a market tester that's for sure.

I have noticed it doesn’t have Sport Chrono, which for a manual R seems like a missed opportunity. That said, I haven’t switched mine on yet since getting it! 

I notice your number plate isn’t a sticker yet curves itself to the body. So no back plate, just pressure of the two pins keeping it like that, or was it moulded to fit? 

1 minute ago, Julian987 said:

I notice your number plate isn’t a sticker yet curves itself to the body. So no back plate, just pressure of the two pins keeping it like that, or was it moulded to fit? 

I just took plinth off to wash, temp refit of plate. It will be changed to a stick on after I’ve patched all the bloody screw holes 😡

2 minutes ago, swanny71 said:

After a very quick wash, I love GT Silver.

7C433C39-B6E7-4F78-A6FC-6AFA66C43BC2.jpeg

that is looking so nice. I think after black, silver would have been my next in line choice. 

Same query on the number plate with yours, so no back plate. I might give that a go. The sticker version I don’t think offers enough impact protection, but a curved plastic plate works well on the R. 

5 minutes ago, swanny71 said:

I just took plinth off to wash, temp refit of plate. It will be changed to a stick on after I’ve patched all the bloody screw holes 😡

slight confusion there as was originally replying on Budflickers whilst your post appeared. 
Ok so you are going to go the sticker route. Works well but I’d prefer a bit of a buffer of protection in case someone when parking nudged back into me when parked, but being in London then I don’t have the luxury of a garage or driveway like it seems you do. 

Edited by Julian987