Cayman R Chat

A tree. Apparently there were bits of wood sticking out of it. I just bought the cup holders from it though they'd rather I had bought the engine! Apparently the seats are gone already were anyone thinking along those lines. 

5 hours ago, Masher964 said:

A tree. Apparently there were bits of wood sticking out of it. I just bought the cup holders from it though they'd rather I had bought the engine! Apparently the seats are gone already were anyone thinking along those lines. 

To be fair they are not overcharging for a lot of the stuff ;)

1 hour ago, Red Square Images said:

How much were the cup holders? And were they Green? 

They sure are green. £100 plus VAT to stop me slopping a can of Coke over my crutch and the seat. Never dared try hot coffee O.o

10 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

Welcome! 

That plate looks like it might have been on another Porsche at some point...?

Hi Nick yes it was my dads... it's been in the family on 911s mostly for years :)

• 2 weeks later...
21 hours ago, PorscheGT4 said:

I could not help myself on a low miles minter, 65 cars owned and the R was the best car I have had, so bought another today ;-)
Porsche nailed it with the R, it's 100% usable performance with just that right amount of feel, perfection on UK B blasts.

whiter.JPG

Very nice David!! Looks like the brother of mine :) 

• Like 1

On 24 March 2016 at 22:25, Beanoir said:

You legend! 

So, the plans are extensive for this one?

Not sure what to do with it, as it will not see a track so needs are less.

i,ll fit 340mm disks, spacers, maybe eccentric monoballs to all 4 lca, and do engine mounts and rear toe links.  That will sort out the handling and brakes and a bit more feel.  Then it might get 370bhp not decided on bhp yet. 

Eccentric monoballs will get me to -1.6 camber up front. Enough for a fast road spec, then I am swapping my spyder wheels with cup 2's over to it, again Spyders will not see track  so move the cups to the R for summer. 

Gt4 has a load of parts and a track geo going on it in 3 weeks.

if any one wants me to add eccentric tarret monoballs let me know as its a USA order and I'll add them to mine as post is $85  again I would say to people fit the function 1st engine mount, so if any one wants to to add parts to my order let me know ASAP.  

I think shocking is a bit harsh, but it  will be upsized gyro 340MM disks, caliper spacer to take the larger disks with RS29 pads and GT3 ducts.

I might swap the whole PCCB system from my Spyder to the R going forward which is 6 pots and 350mm disks all round if I decide to sell the GT4 and go all out on the R.

I tend not to use brakes ;-)  so not a big issue on a road car. I'll only track the GT4 from now on.