Cayman R Chat

• 2 weeks later...

bit of a numpty question maybe, but do I have to remove the front lower plastic grills to get at all the leaves and debris accumulating at the bottom of my front radiators?  I had a quick look (in the dark!) but the rads are sealed from both underside, rear and front with plastic panels from what I could see.

On 08/12/2016 at 14:16, MJ said:

... do I have to remove the front lower plastic grills to get at all the leaves and debris accumulating at the bottom of my front radiators.....

I don't think yu can easily remove those grills. I just reached through the grills and used a stick and compressed air line to free up the leaves, using the stick and one of those grabbing tools to get them out. It woud be handy if you could make a long thin nozzle to attach to a vacuum cleaner, perhaps you could use the centre tube from a roll of cling film if you flattened it enough to fit through the gaps?

On ‎14‎/‎12‎/‎2016 at 13:13, MJ said:

good call on that grabbing tool thanks!  Will also try a long thin nozzle on the vacuum to see if that reaches

I have tried the cardboard tube on a handheld Dyson and the vacuum was so strong it flatted the tube. I use a plastic coat hanger snapped off so it is a plastic rod with a hook.

The next thing I am going to try is to tape a piece of hose pipe to the Dyson to use as the tube

Edited by richjar

• 2 weeks later...

So its looking highly likely my R is going to have to go :( gonna list it on piston heads etc in the next few days.

Totally gutted!! Just got her back from the detailer as well, tho hoping no interest and will have to find another solution :)

• Founder

Find another solution! 

Got mine out of the garage yesterday and took it for a good drive after having not driven it for nearly 2 months.  It's a great car.  

Edited by Beanoir

15 hours ago, Beanoir said:

Find another solution! 

Got mine out of the garage yesterday and took it for a good drive after having not driven it for nearly 2 months.  It's a great car.  

I am looking at every possible way to save her, listing it for sale just in case! but I've already decided if it does go then I will be buying another R or GT4 at some point once its all sorted out :)

Quick query to fellow R owners, did you guys get an additional R specific booklet in your official Porsche folder with the car? 

Apparently there is some debate in pcgb circles as to whether it exists. One owner says he has one but Porsche deny its existence?!

I do not have one. Intrigued! 

• Founder
25 minutes ago, MJ said:

Quick query to fellow R owners, did you guys get an additional R specific booklet in your official Porsche folder with the car? 

Apparently there is some debate in pcgb circles as to whether it exists. One owner says he has one but Porsche deny its existence?!

Whats does it look like like?

12 hours ago, MJ said:

Not sure on a specific booklet that comes in a the folder but I do have a specific Cayman R folder with a brouchure in, the folder is quite smart will try and take a picture and post up later

Damn that means mine went missing before I got the car :( 

To the guys that have got one, is your car a 2012? Just wondering if its something they introduced in 2nd year (my CR is sept 2011)