Tidy 987.2 for sale

Ginginho

1 hour ago, MartinF6 said:

Reasonable spec 3.4 manual with moderate miles (55k) for £25k from one of the priciest dealers:

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202211101556711

That's a fair bit lower than that outfit would have priced the car at the peak, getting back to where these cars were pre-pandemic, though probably not quite there yet. Having said that, adjusted for inflation, you could argue it's actually cheaper than pre-pandemic.

That is very nice. Has the leather dash too.

I sent Alan this yellow one...

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202211101551598

...but it is not for him. Super low miles, full on spec, but has missed the interim services.

9 hours ago, Julian987 said:

...but it is not for him. Super low miles, full on spec, but has missed the interim services.

Car has only had 3 services in 12 years! 🙁 It should have had 6 services if following the Porsche service regime that is based on age, rather than mileage, and hence why it’s not for me Julian.

However, thanks for the heads-up on it. 👍

8 hours ago, Alan W said:

Car has only had 3 services in 12 years! 🙁 It should have had 6 services if following the Porsche service regime that is based on age, rather than mileage, and hence why it’s not for me Julian.

However, thanks for the heads-up on it. 👍

Yep indeed. i contacted them to quiz on that and their reply is...

we will be servicing it for a 4th time before it goes out. Therefore 4 services. In theory it should have had 6 but as with a lot of very low mileage cars, they often do not get serviced quite as much as they simply do not get used.

It is a 2 Owner car. The first owner (a lady) did 11,000 miles in it and the last owner has done 5,000 in 6 years.

On 12/11/2022 at 02:16, Julian987 said:

That is very nice. Has the leather dash too.

£30k and it doesn’t have the paddle type steering wheel which would count me out but otherwise it looks a nice spec. 

On 12/11/2022 at 20:12, Julian987 said:

Yep indeed. i contacted them to quiz on that and their reply is...

we will be servicing it for a 4th time before it goes out. Therefore 4 services. In theory it should have had 6 but as with a lot of very low mileage cars, they often do not get serviced quite as much as they simply do not get used.

It is a 2 Owner car. The first owner (a lady) did 11,000 miles in it and the last owner has done 5,000 in 6 years.

Not wanting to miss out on one of the lowest mileage cars to appear in a while I also made some enquiries about this car.

However, my fears were confirmed when I learned the first service was not conducted until the car was over 5 years old and had done 10k miles.  The first oil change is, arguably, the most important after a new engine and its components have bedded in and 5 years before this is conducted is too long for me, as a mechanical engineer, to accept even if the car does have a very desirable specification.

Edited by Alan W

On 12/11/2022 at 20:12, Julian987 said:

The first owner (a lady) did 11,000 miles in it 

Do people honestly think this is a selling point....... 

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/car-details/202211131637278?atmobcid=soc3

Bargain for someone here assuming no horrors in the history: Guards red Gen 2 CS, ext leather, PSE, sports seats, 44k miles, £21k

Edited by wtaite01

8 hours ago, Alan W said:

Not wanting to miss out on one of the lowest mileage cars to appear in a while I also made some enquiries about this car.

However, my fears were confirmed when I learned the first service was not conducted until the car was over 5 years old and had done 10k miles.  The first oil change is, arguably, the most important after a new engine and its components have bedded in and 5 years before this is conducted is too long for me, as a mechanical engineer, to accept even if the car does have a very desirable specification.

blimey what was the original owner at the time thinking. 

I bet the dealer spun it in a way as it doesn't matter 😆

11 hours ago, Julian987 said:

blimey what was the original owner at the time thinking. 

I bet the dealer spun it in a way as it doesn't matter 😆

Not at all, James said he understood my concerns over the timescale and lack of servicing.

A dealer had a Cayman S sport up for £35k for about a year. Just dropped it to £31k. People generally try to get megabucks for limited run specials. When it comes to 986 / 987, few of them are worth it, they're so little removed from the standard car.

The one exception probably the 987 Spyder as it does have some unique bodywork, but even that is mechanically scarcely any different to a standard 987.2 3.4.

But people do pay a premium - 986 550 Spyders go for at least 50% over an equivalent 986.2 3.2. Madness if you ask me, having driven one, but you can't deny what the market will pay.

The silver Sport does look very pricey, especially for a 'private' sale and with the plastic interior, but might just find a buyer at that price. I'd take a .2 for less money all day long, but people value then perceived exclusivity and will pay more for it.

On 15/11/2022 at 01:11, MartinF6 said:

No doubt soon to appear at a dealer in the next week or two! Looked almost too cheap.

And what a surprise MR sports cars has it up for 30k!!

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Ash131 said:

And what a surprise MR sports cars has it up for 30k!!

as in this one...?

https://www.pistonheads.com/buy/listing/14232490

The one we were discussing previously was the green one wasn't it? 

Either way, this red one is lovely. Seems a fair price all told - go find another like that. 

This guy always seems to find the very very best 987's. This one is a gem.

39 minutes ago, Julian987 said:

Seems a fair price all told - go find another like that. 

It was on Autotrader a few weeks ago for £21k. Nothing hugely special about it to merit the £30k pricing. Go find another? It's hardly that rare.

As for find the "very very best" 987s, he buys some of them blind / uninspected from BCA which have been dumped at Webuyanycar (if you buy from BCA, it's all online, you cannot physically view the car before you buy, all you can do is look at a few grainy pics).

32 minutes ago, MartinF6 said:

It was on Autotrader a few weeks ago for £21k. Nothing hugely special about it to merit the £30k pricing. Go find another? It's hardly that rare.

As for find the "very very best" 987s, he buys some of them blind / uninspected from BCA which have been dumped at Webuyanycar (if you buy from BCA, it's all online, you cannot physically view the car before you buy, all you can do is look at a few grainy pics).

Newbie here, are all cars crap from BCA? I thought some dealer use BCA and other sources for their stock and pass on part exchanges through in UK? Which cars are you referring to they sold and what was wrong with them?

9 hours ago, MartinF6 said:

I viewed my car before i bought with MR ,  i actually picked up a tiny mark which bothered me and he had it all professionally done with photos and invoice. I found him exceptional to deal with and do also agree he usually has the nicest cars for sale.  Is it wrong that he is very good at acquiring the cars?. God knows how he keeps being in the right place at the right time but i didn't think that was a negative in a used car dealer tbh.

My car was by far the nicest and well presented car id seen in 9 months of looking.  Hence why i bought it,  paid more than some,  for sure but that was fine by me.

• Like 1