2022 UHP Tyres

I've seen his tyre test/reviews... Indeed, the PS4S isn't the ONLY tyre!!

Too many sheeples about in the Porker world imo 🙄🐑

I run Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R (not the S as just not as good)

Edited by Mavrik

I'm also on 18s (with PS2, loads of tread but 10 year old!), and debating whether to refurb my rims and go with the Bridgestone, or move to 19s. Anyone got some 19" rims going cheap?

14 hours ago, Mavrik said:

I've seen his tyre test/reviews... Indeed, the PS4S isn't the ONLY tyre!!

Too many sheeples about in the Porker world imo 🙄🐑

I run Yokohama Advan Neova AD08R (not the S as just not as good)

It isn't the only tyre, but it is the best all rounder - especially for price.  The AD08 is a track day tyre and not something I would recommend for the wet, for example.  It depends on what you want from your car and for most that is all round performance.

You can go Cup 2 and the likes if you want bleeding edge grip, but the cost uplift is staggering.  I don't think it's fair to say Porsche drivers buying PS4S are "sheeple" just because they buy PS4S.  To each their own.  Buy whatever tyre works for you and your needs.

19 hours ago, Aaron said:

It isn't the only tyre, but it is the best all rounder - especially for price.  The AD08 is a track day tyre and not something I would recommend for the wet, for example.  It depends on what you want from your car and for most that is all round performance.

You can go Cup 2 and the likes if you want bleeding edge grip, but the cost uplift is staggering.  I don't think it's fair to say Porsche drivers buying PS4S are "sheeple" just because they buy PS4S.  To each their own.  Buy whatever tyre works for you and your needs.

Agreed-I have PS4S on my Cayman s and they are brilliant.

My other car is going to need tyres this year and I’ll be fitting ps4s to that also.

The Contis may well be worth a look as an alternative to the much vaunted MPS4S (which I must say from my own use of them are excellent as a road to ‘light’ track use tyre - and truly come into their own on track in the wet 😉👍🏻). 

I’ve just replaced all 4 old and worn out MPS4S with GYF1s, and I’ve only gone back to the GY because I’m planning to sell her, won’t be tracking this year in her, and wanted to save myself £200. The GYs will be fine for the 2-3k miles of fair weather road driving before selling. Otherwise I’d have reshod with MPS4S - but maybe ‘next time’ I’ll try some Contis…