2.7 Gen1 987 (Modified)

Equinox

• Founder
34 minutes ago, Equinox said:

I decided not to get the door shuts done. Because black is a really forgiving colour when it comes to wrapping I deemed it not necessary. Only time you would tell is if you left the doors open or the boot.

They kept the car just over a week and stripped off what they needed to do before wrapping it. Took a little while longer as he had trouble taking the door handles and mirrors apart as I wanted to keep parts of each black and some purple which caused some more hassle.

I cant wait to see it in the flesh, are you coming along to the Petrolheads meet at Swindon? Not too far from you this time! 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

So time has come and I have picked up some new wheels. Also been knocking together a few sets of modified headlights for fellow Cayman owners. Here is a picture of the latest set going out this weekend.

36569756193_a81f4bc9d9_k.jpg

36569758463_a4f7ee4918_b.jpg

37239355931_34fc7f1fcc_k.jpg

• Like 1

• Administrators

Now you see, I’m torn on this.  I really liked the other wheels you had, but then I do like Fuchs style wheel too...

That said, they look fab! 

On 25/09/2017 at 14:52, Tom said:

Now you see, I’m torn on this.  I really liked the other wheels you had, but then I do like Fuchs style wheel too...

That said, they look fab! 

Yeh I still have the other wheels. Going to be using them as a spare track set I don't have to worry about too much.

37437841912_41bead8158_k.jpg

• 1 month later...

So because the weather is getting to that time of year again I decided to take off the Fuch's and put back on the GT2 style wheels I will be using over winter.

Possibly looking to get the Fuch's repainted but haven't decided yet. Have s big long list of stuff to get done before the track/show season start up again properly next year so should make for an interesting time over the next few months.

26608301179_12812dbce4_k.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So little more of an update with a few more pieces of the puzzle arriving.

Been wanting to change my headunit since I bought the car. Felt the OEM nav was rubbish, phone connectivity through the tookie box installed was a pain and generally hated the space shuttle amount of buttons on the dash from it. So I went ahead and purchased a Pioneer AVH-290BT unit from halfrauds. However managed to get cashback from Quidco and found a money off voucher that worked with the discount they already applied so paid under £100 which was a win!!

As with anything that says its 'plug and play' mine definitely wasn't by any means. Harness sent by the company who sent the facias was completely wrong and not even the right connector. There is no switched 12v for the factory stereo because its a canbus system so had to jack into an empty fuse point in the fuse box.

All complete however I think it looks great and the connectivity to my Moto G4 Android phone is quick and flawless so all in all very happy.

40512897661_221f3b9d8c_k.jpg

Next delivery was for pulling the plug on a full bucket seat setup. I have gone for Planted seat mounts, Sparco Rev 2 seats with TRS harnesses. Still waiting for the Planted seat mounts from Design911 so hoping to get these in next Thursday before the show it is in that weekend. So cutting it fine!!!! 

26642272768_7120d8bdcd_k.jpg

26642273648_e0d94f790b_k.jpg

40512902831_3bd908d713_k.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 27/02/2018 at 13:30, PMGPete said:

I had that head unit in my Impreza it wasn't bad at all.

Where did you get your carbon dash trims they are lovely!

Bought the bits all off ebay. Think you can get them on design 911 but they are expensive.

• Like 1

So I was asked to exhibit at a show this weekend called Ultimate Dubs. Been a dream of mine to have a car accepted indoors since I used to go with my dad at a young age. It was a great weekend and awesome to be a part of it and have so many people look around the car and ask loads of questions about it. 

Anyway onto the good stuff with some pictures!!

39897898355_d7085118ea_h.jpg

40082891404_fc95d36000_h.jpg

39897897245_7c3e38c65d_k.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...