New member from Oxfordshire

GregD2016

22 minutes ago, MarkGTS said:

Hi Greg! :welcome:

I bet that CG exhaust sounds epic, headers as well? 

I wish it was louder, it's only slightly louder than stock as it doesn't include the headers :4fvgdaq_th: However it did unlock some power/torque at the bottom end.

12 hours ago, GregD2016 said:

I've made a few changes since purchasing the car in March this year which include;

- Short Shift Kit

- Cargraphic Exhaust System (headers back) with twin black tips

I'm hoping to be at the August owners meeting in Newbury, and would like to check out your short shift kit.

Can you feel the increase in power/torque with the new exhaust system? Have you changed anything on the induction side or had an ECU remap? Where did you purchase your Cargraphic exhaust system?

On 26 July 2016 at 08:55, twopointnine said:

I'm hoping to be at the August owners meeting in Newbury, and would like to check out your short shift kit.

Can you feel the increase in power/torque with the new exhaust system? Have you changed anything on the induction side or had an ECU remap? Where did you purchase your Cargraphic exhaust system?

If I am able to make it to the meet, then sure! There is a subtle increase in torque with the CG exhaust, I noticed it at first when cruising at 70mph in 6th gear and put my foot down. Apart from the exhaust & SSK, there are no other "performance enhancing" modifications to the car. I contemplated a replacement aftermarket air filter, something I'll probably get round to in the next few weeks, but as for the remap - I don't think there is much to be had for the £500-600 expense...

On 26 July 2016 at 11:39, Bill Wells said:

Nice looking car. I like the graphics. My 2014 Cayman S

IMG_1162.jpg

Thanks Bill, loving your 981! I stole the graphics idea from the 987 Cayman R, which seams to be a common "mod".

• Like 1

Some additional pics...

Installing the SSK:

IMG_4157.jpg

Replacing the tired-looking centre caps:

IMG_4846.jpg

IMG_4849_2.jpg

Changing the exhaust:

IMG_4351.jpg

IMG_4354.jpg

From the detail at Pristine Machine, Port Glasgow, Scotland:

IMG_4367.jpg

IMG_4371.jpg

IMG_4359.jpg

• 5 months later...
7 hours ago, Bushman said:

nice ride Greg, welcome aboard. are u selling your old pipes, I need one to disassemble and investigate re-baffleing, a la' Carnewal.

Thanks.

Negative, I will be reverting to the original exhaust and will be selling the aftermarket system when the time comes. If you're interested, I'll be looking for around £700 (cost new was over £1500).

• Like 1