White 987.2 Cayman (aka ChavWagon)

graham.reeds

I agree that a centre radiator grill would really set the front off nicely and maybe extending the black door stripes forward round to the black radiator grills might look nice. overall  though, a crackin looking ride mate

• 2 months later...

I am very sorry to say that the ChavWagon is no more.  Just over a week ago I hit a damp patch outside my office on a junction and briefly lost the backend.  I turned in but the traction control kicked in and the extra lock then sent me the other way towards a parked vehicle.  I slammed on the brakes which swung the back end around which ended in my front left taking the brunt of the impact with the parked van.  Fortunately the van was empty and I was unhurt but the car was called time on yesterday by the insurers. :-(

I am now looking for a replacement.

IMG_20180125_114543.jpg

Edited by graham.reeds
Add picture
  • Sad 1

Unless that's done structural (ie chassis leg etc). I'm rather surprised they've called time of death on that.

On a much more positive note. There's a black gen 2 in the for sale section on here that looks and spot on. 

Edited by Munch197

33 minutes ago, Munch197 said:

Unless that's done structural (ie chassis leg etc). I'm rather surprised they've called time of death on that.

On a much more positive note. There's a black gen 2 in the for sale section on here that looks and spot on. 

Maybe damaged the inner arch well and smacked up the subframe alignment. There was a thread on another forum with a 997 that had a small rear end dent in the bumper. Cost tens of thousands I think, whole new engine frame had to be bonded in. 

Not sure how they calculate right offs. Perhaps they add cost of repair to hire car cost to get a figure. Then take the pay out value and minus the value of selling the wreck and come out with another figure. Then take the lowest one of the two as being the least financial loss option? I’ve heard it’s often surprising, especially with high end cars, how easy they are to write off.