Doug's Gen 2 987 Cayman S

Dougle_turbo

• 1 month later...
On 04/05/2020 at 11:32, PMGPete said:

Did you retrim your seat centres? That is delightful 

Hi Pete, thanks! Yes I'm not a fan of sitting on leather for extended periods so went with some Harris tweed. It's a bit different but I love it.

Nicely dodged. I was behind an M4 going rally crossing at Paddock hill last week. 

What were your oil temps and pressures during the day? It would be good to know what temps to expect to see on a rack day. Eventually I aim to install a similar setup. 

Sounds like you have really spent a lot of time and money sorting this car. Looks really good! I'd imagine it drives just as well too!

Out of curiosity what performance modifications have you installed? Do you know the current figures?

I am entertaining the whole plenum, throttle body, intake air filter, desnorkelling and exhaust route - but unsure of what to go for.

Apologies if this is already stipulated in the thread, I did read through fairly thoroughly, but could well have missed it.

Thanks,

Dan

On 07/06/2020 at 20:22, jcm987 said:

Nicely dodged. I was behind an M4 going rally crossing at Paddock hill last week. 

What were your oil temps and pressures during the day? It would be good to know what temps to expect to see on a rack day. Eventually I aim to install a similar setup. 

I need to go back throught he videos to see peak pressure, but from what I observed it stayed consistent in the fast corners, which I what I was hoping for. Temp wise the gauge didn't get up to the 110 mark. 

7 hours ago, __djk said:

Sounds like you have really spent a lot of time and money sorting this car. Looks really good! I'd imagine it drives just as well too!

Out of curiosity what performance modifications have you installed? Do you know the current figures?

I am entertaining the whole plenum, throttle body, intake air filter, desnorkelling and exhaust route - but unsure of what to go for.

Apologies if this is already stipulated in the thread, I did read through fairly thoroughly, but could well have missed it.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi Dan,

Performance wise (I'm assuming you engine mods)

De snork

IPD Comp plenum

GT3 Throttle body

BMC filter

Carnewal GT Exhaust (back box only)

R/R remap @ DMS

According to the DMS Dyno it develops 372 BHP (the print out is somewhere in the thread)

It's now pretty quick in a straight line and will outdrag a PDK equipped 981 S in sports mode. I would love to put a sports cat in but I'll blow the sound limits - very close already!

My two pence is that the Plenum, throttle body, and R/R remap should be done at the same time. Before those are done the car should be de snorked (easy), perfomance filter (easy) and some sort of free flowing exhaust (highly recommend Carewal especially if you drive over there).

Hope this helps, any other q's ask away!

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

how do you ensure no water is sucked in to the engine if you de snorkle? i always thought this was more preferred in hotter climates where it doesn't rain as much?

good thread - thoroughly enjoyed reading it!

• 1 year later...
On 14/09/2021 at 10:40, Craiglm68 said:

EPIC! Great video! Marks deducted for the slightly dirty windscreen however......

And the ‘spooned’ downshift to 3rd at minute 2:47…. 🤪

But seriously that looked a stonkingly quick lap - I wouldn’t have the kahoonas to drive that quick there. You certainly demonstrated the caymans (and your own) capabilities very well Doug 👍🏻

what the hell was that black be-winged thing that flew past you? 😮

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/09/2021 at 22:52, Windymiller said:

And the ‘spooned’ downshift to 3rd at minute 2:47…. 🤪

But seriously that looked a stonkingly quick lap - I wouldn’t have the kahoonas to drive that quick there. You certainly demonstrated the caymans (and your own) capabilities very well Doug 👍🏻

what the hell was that black be-winged thing that flew past you? 😮

Thanks!

And yes that wasn't my finest down shift!

I think it was a BMW that came past - he was flying. Not often you get overtaken at that speed, I was doing about 140! 

Nice Video - 14 laps!! at what, 60 euro a lap now, that quite an investment.  Or did you get a club discount?

Car looks to be handling great and nice smooth driving!

23 hours ago, GroupJ said:

Nice Video - 14 laps!! at what, 60 euro a lap now, that quite an investment.  Or did you get a club discount?

Car looks to be handling great and nice smooth driving!

It's 30 euros a lap, so I spent the same as I would on a normal track day there. There was a guy there the same day driving a 3RS who did 44 laps!

30 Euro/lap - Then the price has been steady for many years.  Laps around the Green Hell is one of my best investments in self, even if it was in a rental car.  I am going back now to see what mods you did to your car.  Very impressive lap time.

On 14/10/2018 at 06:53, Peopleandcars said:

Nice one @Dougle_turbo!

I am looking at Sebro discs too (and Ferodo DS2500 pads) -- so far I have installed the GT3 ducts and braided cables alogn with new fluid

Aren't OEM brake line steel braided?  I thought they were - they just have a rubber coating and you can't see the braids??