Porsche, Alfa, Porsche

Jason987S

15 hours ago, Trickle said:

Welcome! Good choice! 

Have to say though, those Alfa V6 sound fricking awesome with a decent exhaust! 

It does sound incredible. Has a full wizard single box cat back stainless system. 

Excellent route to Cayman ownership, love that Busso V6 - such a fantastic howl, still miss my GT coupe V6 some 8 years later.... ?

welcome and good good luck hunting for the right one for you ???

A5569E00-34CA-4395-B4DD-3F113091D7B2.jpeg

I fear I may have walked away from “the” Cayman due to minor some cosmetic niggles, when physically/mechanically the car is near perfect in performance, condition and spec. Today is an odd day ?

2 minutes ago, Jason987S said:

My budget is upto £14k. 

I have seen that one! Bloody nice and right up my street styling wise. I up until late last year owned a black 3.2 986 Boxster S with gold wheels I personally painted (10j rears spaced 25mm too). It was near immaculate and heavily restored. Incredible spec and very clean. I would still own it today if the engine didn’t suffer a catastrophic failure with no evident reason or warning!

Couple of photos:

36627090380_21fe862597_b.jpg

986 boxserS

Looks stunning

Had a 986S as well - what a lovely machine it is! -- my "ex" http://www.revolution-porsche.co.uk/for-sale/porsche-986-boxster-s-2002

Good look with the search -- is the most exciting time (a part from modding fever is in full swing ah!)

Jason, what type of 'minor cosmetic issues' are you facing mate. I think I would take an honest, tatty but mechanically sound vehicle over a highly polished turd every time. there are so many options like SMART (small to medium area repair techniques) practitioners out there these days and similar for interiors, minor cosmetics might not be too much of an issue but can be influential when it comes to haggling. just my opinion though.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forum Admin said:

Welcome to the OC! 

Hows the hunt going?

I’m browsing pistonheads, eBay, AutoTrader daily, waiting for a sensibly located gem to crop up in budget. The weather is only getting worse, so it’s likely one will crop up.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jason987S said:

I’m browsing pistonheads, eBay, AutoTrader daily, waiting for a sensibly located gem to crop up in budget. The weather is only getting worse, so it’s likely one will crop up.

All part of the fun! ?

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Trickle said:

All part of the fun! ?

Indeed. It seems frustrating when only rubbish crops up (overpriced poor spec/condition 2.7’s in dull colours). But there’s no rush.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 24/10/2018 at 17:56, Jason987S said:

Indeed. It seems frustrating when only rubbish crops up (overpriced poor spec/condition 2.7’s in dull colours). But there’s no rush.

I actually quite enjoy the looking, the thrill of the chase.  

Hows the hunt going?