AutoX / AutoSolo (UK?)

• Founder

I used used to do something which is essentially AutoSolo with a company called Car Limits at Northweald Airfield.  It’s essentially small tracks set up and you are timed around them.  Very good fun days and quite good value too. 

https://www.carlimits.com/

Was before I had my Cayman but, 

@Andy and @Lodgey and me used to get quite competitive in our MX-5s - naturally I was always quickest ;) 

I wonder if we should arrange a club event...

Sounds like a similar theme to the ‘how fast’ events that run at Bedford Autodrome. 

I tried to drum up interest on here for a Caymans only one a couple of months back, but drew a blank - couldn’t get enough numbers to make it work... ?

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Beanoir said:

I used used to do something which is essentially AutoSolo with a company called Car Limits at Northweald Airfield.  It’s essentially small tracks set up and you are timed around them.  Very good fun days and quite good value too. 

https://www.carlimits.com/

Was before I had my Cayman but, 

@Andy and @Lodgey and me used to get quite competitive in our MX-5s - naturally I was always quickest ;) 

I wonder if we should arrange a club event...

I am guessing your mx5 was red, obviously quickest colour ?

Im down for the club event

5 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I'm keen for anything like this, any excuse to shred some rubber.

Well I think I am going to do a couple of the Donington Winter series meetings http://loughboroughcarclub.co.uk/donington-winterseries-2018-2019/

@Dougle_turbo @Windymiller going for the december and jan dates

8 hours ago, Peopleandcars said:

Well I think I am going to do a couple of the Donington Winter series meetings http://loughboroughcarclub.co.uk/donington-winterseries-2018-2019/

@Dougle_turbo @Windymiller going for the december and jan dates

Not for me Pietro - mines being ‘put to bed’ till March now, except for any odd dry sunny wknd days. 

But I’ll try to set up a Bedford how fast club event next year ???

• Like 1

On 02/11/2018 at 13:22, Peopleandcars said:

I am guessing your mx5 was red, obviously quickest colour ?

Im down for the club event

No his was Black, which as we know is the colour that makes drivers think they are the fastest, when they've barely got out of first gear by the time others have already crossed the finish line.....

I think you'll find that the Silver MX5's were by far the fastest.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Andy said:

No his was Black, which as we know is the colour that makes drivers think they are the fastest, when they've barely got out of first gear by the time others have already crossed the finish line.....

I think you'll find that the Silver MX5's were by far the fastest.

Can confirm as my car is black ah!

I signed up for the Donington winterseries if anyone wants to join!

Via Loughborough car club - 15 December 

On 02/11/2018 at 07:27, Beanoir said:

I reckon we should give it another go

I wonder if there's spaces at brands or Bedford when you could organise a course with cones - if that's what you mean?

I'm going up to Donington and they are using a tarmac space there as far as I understand

• Like 1