Sport exhaust advice needed

Well I have it on good advice that my exhaust is going to need to be replaced in about six months to a year ( I’ll need a from cat system)

The question is .......Do I get a Porsche switchable sport system from Porsche or should I look at an after market replacement with switchable valves?

any advice would be appreciated 

Scott 

I think it's a case of horses for courses but my 2p is bear in mind a non Porsche exhaust will stop you putting an OPC warranty on the car so if that's important to you there is only one choice.

Also I have the Porsche exhaust and it's best at town speeds to be honest, and it's hardly night and day. I think the aftermarket carnewal type options will definitely give you a bigger hike in noise.

On the plus side the Porsche system is never annoying and doesn't drone.

• Thanks 1

I worried about the noise from some exhausts hence thinking the switchable was a good option 

ive just had a K&N filter fitted during the service and was hoping I would get a little improvement in performance if I do change the exhaust 

as I said I’ve got 6-12months before the exhaust will need to be changed so I have time to research it

Scott 

8 hours ago, Scott1967 said:

I’m not sure they would take my old one in pet exchange 

i need to look into it 

Drop Gert a line (he's a COC sponsor after all), he's great with his communication and discussing options, the state of your current system etc

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

@Scott1967 Did you do the mail order exchange thing or take a road trip to Belgium?

My bro is a welder/fabricator by trade & I'm wondering if its possible to "copy" the Carnewal mod? :35_thinking:

I planned the road trip but my wife changed her job so she couldn’t make it 

therefore I mail ordered it 

it was £135 to remove the old one and then fit the Carnewal 

1 minute ago, Scott1967 said:

I planned the road trip but my wife changed her job so she couldn’t make it 

therefore I mail ordered it 

it was £135 to remove the old one and then fit the Carnewal 

So you sent your old system back to Belgium & got the surcharge refunded? I'm assuming your old exhaust was in usable condition?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Mavrik said:

@Scott1967 Did you do the mail order exchange thing or take a road trip to Belgium?

My bro is a welder/fabricator by trade & I'm wondering if its possible to "copy" the Carnewal mod? :35_thinking:

When I got mine fitted by Gert back in January I had a brief conversation with him about this, and I came away with the knowledge that he has spent a significant amount of time and money to perfect the work  he carries out on the exhaust so it meets all the requirements for noise, emissions, reliability etc. I don't think it's something that can be easily replicated tbh. 

• Thanks 1

That's a good price for the swap over work! And the noise will evolve a bit over the first couple of hundred miles....in a good way!

• Thanks 1