Wiper blades

I picked up a pair from Halfords last week Bosch. Really pleased with them I had the OE ones before and these are as good if not better..

They have the aero wind deflector.

Edited by Rob66
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rob66 said:

I picked up a pair from Halfords last week Bosch. Really pleased with them I had the OE ones before and these are as good if not better..

Bosche are always a good safe bet IMO. Good to hear it's the same on Caymans too.....

Edited by sevenfourate
  • Like 1

Peter I've had the aero blades on mine and they were terrible. They missed a large part of the passenger side towards the A pillar and juddered on recoil regardless of speed and the amount of rain. They're still sitting in my shed as I had them on about a month before I got sick of them and went back to a standard design.

I have the traditional frame Bosch wipers with the aero deflector on the drivers side.

HTH

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Windymiller said:

https://www.wiperblades.co.uk/porsche-cayman-years-2005-to-2012-wiper-blades

Bosch Cayman specific fit (ie curved passenger side blade) twin pack £24.50

👍🏻

Something reasonably priced for a Porsche. What an absurd notion 🤣

Good link and info that ^^^^

(I’m a couple of weeks into ownership and beginning to get the grasp of how Porsche parts prices works already  😎 )

• Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Spykee said:

Peter I've had the aero blades on mine and they were terrible. They missed a large part of the passenger side towards the A pillar and juddered on recoil regardless of speed and the amount of rain. They're still sitting in my shed as I had them on about a month before I got sick of them and went back to a standard design.

I have the traditional frame Bosch wipers with the aero deflector on the drivers side.

HTH

Snap, same as mine.

I used Bosch ones from Halfords. Seem ok. I think the Porsche ones are the same. Difference between OEM (Bosch) and OE (porsche) is probs a box and a lot of money.

Classic case I had to have a new lambda sensor fitted when my exhaust bolts were done. Same thing from Bosch as Porsche except  not 300 quid a sensor. Label engineering.

Edited by Buggyjam

• 2 years later...

Hi, ok I’ve just bought some replacement Bosch blades and I think the aero foil on the drivers side looks like it is for a LHD car.  I can’t work out how you can switch it?  Anyone know how to do this?

2 hours ago, Caymanr said:

Hi, ok I’ve just bought some replacement Bosch blades and I think the aero foil on the drivers side looks like it is for a LHD car.  I can’t work out how you can switch it?  Anyone know how to do this?

I had to do it for mine can’t remember exactly how but it wasn’t complicated, just unclipping, rotating, and refitting the connector.

Try this, must be similar. 

NB - note my warning above in the thread about cracking the windscreen - gently lower the arm back down onto a thick towel whilst there is no blade on the arm!!!

Edited by Windymiller

2 hours ago, Windymiller said:

I had to do it for mine can’t remember exactly how but it wasn’t complicated, just unclipping, rotating, and refitting the connector.

NB - note my warning above in the thread about cracking the windscreen - gently lower the arm back down onto a thick towel whilst there is no blade on the arm!!!

Perfect, thank you,  very easy when there is some instructions.  I can’t believe they don’t include any as it’s not obvious how you turn it round!

• 5 months later...
On 15/08/2021 at 14:37, Windymiller said:

Thanks @Windymiller. Fitted a pair this morning. The info you’ve shared on this was really useful.

• 4 months later...