An itch I had to scratch!

GrahamHill56

Hi All, as the tile suggests I've just bought my first "new" car in 20 years! I've had a 2.8 Z3 for the last 20 years so I thought it was about time I replaced it but what with?

There is only 2 of us & I'm not getting any younger so what could I replace my well cared for Z3 with, I wanted a manual, smallish but enjoyable, I'm no "hooligan", clean licence but still wanted something interesting, reliable & FUN & for some reason a Cayman got to the top of the list, I'd scratched my itch for a soft top which was getting close to need replacing & I remember when the Boxter first came out & not being able to tell the difference between the front & the back! Whereas the Cayman looked so GOOD. So after looking for probably a couple of months I went to jack up the Z3 & the jack went through the floor! So the search became more urgent! I then found this car down in Cardiff & after some procrastination decided on this car from Porsche Cardiff. I've now had it just 2 weeks & it's everything I'd hoped for. So hopefully it will serve me well for the next few years before I'm too old to get in & out!

A question to members - my neighbour (an X trader) reckons that it's a bit naff to put a personal plate on a Porsche, is he right? Mines one I've had for close on 30 years from when I was working in the motor trade so it didn't cost!

G69 BAD.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to Cayman ownership.

Your neighbour has a good point, whilst most / many Porsche`s have them ... very few actually suit - compliment them. 

2 hours ago, GrahamHill56 said:

A question to members - my neighbour (an X trader) reckons that it's a bit naff to put a personal plate on a Porsche, is he right? 

G69 BAD.jpg

Welcome aboard - fabulous looking example. Fun times ahead for you....... !

With all respect; who gives a hoot what your neighbour thinks. Had my number for nigh-on 30 years too.....

r6O2Yud.jpg

Hi from me. 

Love a 981, was out of my budget though. 

When I got my 987 last year it came with a personalised plate... P90RCA 🤔 needless to say I sold it on. However if it meant something to me then I wouldn't care what people think 😁

Welcome, great looking car! I too have had the same private plate for the past 20 years, based on my initials, primarily as it saves me having to remember a new reg each time I change my car 😁

It is a bit of a PITA faffing about with the plate transfer but couldn't part with it now.