Cayman R Chat

Many thanks for the replies  and will take a look at the others mentioned - thing is the black one is my  least favourite colour plus had a few marks where bumper meets bonnet - also I need to drive a manual - my 987S is a manual just fancied a change plus its going to be my only car - buckets though are a must along with Spyder wheels - I will keep searching on

Oh is that of the OPD black one. The AutoStore Black one looks in great condition. I bought a black one a few weeks ago and they look stunning in black. But I can appreciate that its not a fave colour for some. Oh but you want a manual - I'll post this anyway for reference. 

Edited by Julian987

hi Julian987 and thanks for this - its a good video better than the normal 360 degree ones you see - how are you finding your R and I noted that this one doesn't have a PSE - is this a "must have " or "nice to have" on the R?

29 minutes ago, Crooky said:

hi Julian987 and thanks for this - its a good video better than the normal 360 degree ones you see - how are you finding your R and I noted that this one doesn't have a PSE - is this a "must have " or "nice to have" on the R?

As many wear by PSE, yet as many seem to fit an aftermarket one. Guess it hinges on how original one wants it and the tone/control of PSE. Mine has a Milltek exhaust and is probably as good as PSE. That the exhaust can be modded, then PSE was last on my list of 'must haves'. 

Unsure if you follow MaxRevs channel on YouTube. He has just fitted a Soul Performance and it sounds sublime and ferocious (when he wants to dial it up). 

Unlike non R's where one can have Porsche retrofit their official PSE, on the R it is not possible. Depends on your circumstances but my neighbours would not be assumed with my car having PSE - it sounds perfect for me. Fine line between fine exhaust and chav exhaust. 

2 hours ago, Julian987 said:

As many wear by PSE, yet as many seem to fit an aftermarket one. Guess it hinges on how original one wants it and the tone/control of PSE. Mine has a Milltek exhaust and is probably as good as PSE. That the exhaust can be modded, then PSE was last on my list of 'must haves'. 

Unsure if you follow MaxRevs channel on YouTube. He has just fitted a Soul Performance and it sounds sublime and ferocious (when he wants to dial it up). 

Unlike non R's where one can have Porsche retrofit their official PSE, on the R it is not possible. Depends on your circumstances but my neighbours would not be assumed with my car having PSE - it sounds perfect for me. Fine line between fine exhaust and chav exhaust. 

I meant 'As many swear by PSE...

43 minutes ago, Budflicker said:

Hi Glyn, 

It's much nicer in here anyway, like a nice country pub with a log fire, a nice dog walking around and a busty barmaid, whereby PH is just a Weatherspoons....

Good riddance to them, though a life ban for calling Moose a fu#kwit seems harsh when it's factually accurate.

Get some more pics of the R up in here, the more the merrier, and the more interesting we all make it, the better it will be for all.

Now go and get a round in you tight bugger 😄😃

Edited by Julian987

Julian, don't feed the troll mate.....

Beside which, “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Mark Twain.

I should have thought of that earlier. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

22 minutes ago, Budflicker said:

Julian, don't feed the troll mate.....

Beside which, “Never argue with an idiot. They will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.” Mark Twain.

I should have thought of that earlier. Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Very wise words. You know you could as easily though signup again on PH under a new gmail/email account and new username...just in case you wanted to that is. 

6 hours ago, Julian987 said:

Very wise words. You know you could as easily though signup again on PH under a new gmail/email account and new username...just in case you wanted to that is. 

Yes I know but never being able to post about the car or post a photo of a trip will be a chore, unless I change car I'm a bit stuffed.

12 hours ago, Budflicker said:

Hi Glyn, 

It's much nicer in here anyway, like a nice country pub with a log fire, a nice dog walking around and a busty barmaid, whereby PH is just a Weatherspoons....

Good riddance to them, though a life ban for calling Moose a fu#kwit seems harsh when it's factually accurate.

Get some more pics of the R up in here, the more the merrier, and the more interesting we all make it, the better it will be for all.

Now go and get a round in you tight bugger 😄😃

if its that nice I'll hang around then, good effort looks iike the numbers are rolling in for the big meet !

grubby pic from last year below 

to answer Julian this place being only Caymans wouldnt have really registered as such to be honest !

I do really  like PH for all the back biting and donuts who seem terminally offended theirs no other one stop shop where else you can look at someones DIY project, get travel info, learn about watch's, get tips on my animals and get Porker info !

I suspect the same reason why it's still flying and most forums are now a desert..........

anyway I digress who's having a Panda Shandy ? (there made with real Badger Beer !) 

sw2.JPG

Edited by Mogsmex
  • Like 1

• Founder
5 hours ago, Mogsmex said:

if its that nice I'll hang around then, good effort looks iike the numbers are rolling in for the big meet !

grubby pic from last year below 

to answer Julian this place being only Caymans wouldnt have really registered as such to be honest !

I do really  like PH for all the back biting and donuts who seem terminally offended theirs no other one stop shop where else you can look at someones DIY project, get travel info, learn about watch's, get tips on my animals and get Porker info !

I suspect the same reason why it's still flying and most forums are now a desert..........

anyway I digress who's having a Panda Shandy ? (there made with real Badger Beer !) 

I love that Mobil pegasus decal on the wing!  Very retro cool 

• Founder
1 hour ago, Julian987 said:

I thought it might have been from there.  I’ve got a shopping list at that place ready and waiting! 

56 minutes ago, Beanoir said:

I thought it might have been from there.  I’ve got a shopping list at that place ready and waiting! 

:) I had my eye on their wooden gear knob shifter kit but now having seen it on a few cars I am not so sure. The shaft is a bit too chunky. I prefer the more slender version that Stuggart Classica do.....Photo+24-02-2018,+10+52+22+am+(1).jpg?fo

I can imagine you owners that track your R's will probably know of their Cayman CS package?

https://www.stuttgart-classica.co.uk/cayman-cs-package

What CarBone products are you thinking of?

Edited by Julian987

18 hours ago, Frayz said:

Glyn is really old though. 🤣

the word you was searching for is wise ;) 

18 hours ago, Beanoir said:

I love that Mobil pegasus decal on the wing!  Very retro cool 

cheers, I've got a serious decal fetish and these and the martini decal on the tailgate give a nice understated nod to History I think 

I leave the ring decals to the young ruffians ;)

• Haha 1