Hello all, I'm a new member

Eddie1996

Hi there,

I'm a 55 year old guy and I've just bought a 2011 Cayman S with 58,000 miles on it. So far loving it. I used to have a Lotus Elise. I live in Pimlico, London. I'm wondering when the next event is and if there's anyone living in my area.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Windymiller said:

Welcome Eddie to the unfortunately acronymed, but affectionately known COC! 👍🏻

Great choice of model by the way 😉

The next ‘formal’ event (not that there’s any formality to this OC) that is kinda ‘booked’ will be  Simply Porsche at Beaulie House in June. However with continuing current restrictions soon to be easing I suspect many of us will be eagerly seeking to meet up at some familiar, and new, haunts. 

Keep an eye on these pages 😀

Im sure our founders and general all round top fellas Nick and Andy will be along shortly to welcome you too. 

Hope you have many miles enjoying your new to you Cayman 🤩🥰👍🏻

Haha. Thanks a lot, Windymiller.

Beaulie House, June: sounds good.

34 minutes ago, Andy said:

Welcome along Eddie! 

As mentioned Simply Porsche at Beaulie is the only event that we have in the calendar at the moment, but with the easing of things I'm sure we'll be looking to get something together, in the meantime enjoy the new car and ALWAYS take the B roads to get bread and milk :)

haha. Thanks. Trouble is I live in the worst possible place, central London and there are no B roads for 10 miles. Still, the occasional roundabout :)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eddie1996 said:

haha. Thanks. Trouble is I live in the worst possible place, central London and there are no B roads for 10 miles. Still, the occasional roundabout :)

For a similar reason, some of my shorter city trips end up looking like rather large triangles. Strange 👀

Welcome! Beaulieu House is likely to be my first event with the club too, so it'll be nice to have some other fresh meat along.

• Like 1

On 28/02/2021 at 09:37, Windymiller said:

As a London based member you may also be interested in the ACE Cafes monthly Porsche night (check when it will restart post COVID) - I think it’s the last Monday of each month 🤔 

just checked and it looks like their first scheduled Porker meet this year is 26/04

https://london.acecafe.com/meets/?cm=4&cy=2021&ct=

This is amazing. I never knew that Ace Cafe had a Porsche night. Looking forward to attending one of these post lockdown. Thank you.

Welcome. And stick up some photos! 

Pimlico ain't a good place to enjoy a Cayman. But you seem to realise it. I had mine in Bow for a couple of years and have now moved out to the Cotswolds where it is a much more enjoyable car! (This is probably an entirely unhelpful comment so I do apologise!) 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, zcacogp said:

Welcome. And stick up some photos! 

Pimlico ain't a good place to enjoy a Cayman. But you seem to realise it. I had mine in Bow for a couple of years and have now moved out to the Cotswolds where it is a much more enjoyable car! (This is probably an entirely unhelpful comment so I do apologise!) 

Cotswolds - very salubrious. I would like to drive them hills.

Yes, Pimlico is terrible, however in normal times I drive 4 times a week to Richmond Park Golf Club; in the past in an old Audi A3 which was in the bottom 10% of cars in the car park; at least now, even if my golf doesn't improve, the Cayman will be registering in the top 50% by value and the Top 10 by beauty. :)

002.jpg