Thinking of selling my Gen 2 987 - do I sell as is, or put the car back to stock?

So after a fantastic trip to the Nurburgring, I'm thinking about selling my car. I can't get the idea of a GT3 out of my head and so I think the time may have come.

The question is should I sell as is or revert to stock?

The car currently has the following mods that could be removed and sold on:

Recaro pole position seats.

RSS harness bar and Schroth harness

IPD competition plenum and GT3 air intake boosting output to 370BHP

Quick release steering wheel.

DSC PASM control box.

Elephant racing fully adjustable control arms front and rear.

Elephant racing rear toe arms.

Euro cup GT front arms.

Other upgrades that would stay:

Canewal GT exhaust.

New LSD (well fitted 12 months ago)

Short shift kit.

Cayman R rear wing.

Original Cayman R lightweight 19 wheels and MPS4S

The car currently has £93K on the clock.

Anyone got any ideas what I should do?

From a financial perspective, I think you'll make more money by putting it back to stock and selling the various pieces separately. There are some tasty mods on that list that current owners will appreciate (the DSC box for example) but a new/casual owner will not have any idea about (or put any value on).

If you do decide to return it back to stock, I'll be interested in the Carnewal GT exhaust assuming its for a 987.2S

I may be interested in the IPD competition plenum and GT3 air intake as well.

Thanks guys. I was thinking that stock is probably the best idea, or certainly the bulk back to stock. Some mods are easy to change (DSC box) others not so easy.

The car is a Gen 2, but the Carnewal GT will stay on as I had him modify the one that was on the car. It was great fun driving over to Belgium to have that done - his garage is awesome!

Edited by Dougle_turbo

18 minutes ago, Dougle_turbo said:

Thanks guys. I was thinking that stock is probably the best idea, or certainly the bulk back to stock. Some mods are easy to change (DSC box) others not so easy.

The car is a Gen 2, but the Carnewal GT will stay on as I had him modify the one that was on the car. It was great fun driving over to Belgium to have that done - his garage is awesome!

I had a exhaust fitted by him a few years ago. Loved the big TV's in front of the ramps. Bit of an Aladdins cave!

14 minutes ago, Andyoz said:

I'd be interested in the Elephant racing, Euro GT stuff and the.

What LSD is in it?

It's an MFactory LSD, brilliant piece of kit.

I'll let you know what route I go down. The car currently has -3 all round and the turn in is unbelievably good. I have never had it understeer in the dry (at any speed) with this setup.

Edited by Dougle_turbo

1 hour ago, Dougle_turbo said:

I also forgot that the car has...Oil temp + pressure gauge.

Can you upload a photo of where you have these installed? I've been looking to do the same but can't find any nice looking gauge pods (I don't have Sports Chrono so can't use the wart).

8 hours ago, Dougle_turbo said:

The standard water temp gauge is next to useless, it's very slow to respond. I now only refer to the oil temp gauge. Car seems to get up to temp 2 mins or so before the water temp gauge.

That's interesting. Yes, the temp guage is more of a 'switch'.

Good to know oil gets to temp that fast. I'd always assumed it would lag behind the temperature guage. Bi know the hen 2 DFI engine is known to get to temp faster than non DFI. I give mine about 10 mins before giving it any decent revs.

Edited by Andyoz