Aftermarket sports exhaust for Gen 2 987s

Sweepus

3 hours ago, Sweepus said:

Hi - does anyone have any thoughts as to alternatives (or point me to a related thread)? Carnwal seems to be an option, but is in Belgium. Cheers

If I were you I would retrofit the official PSE with the switch on the dash. Have you considered that

I’m going for Carnewal, rather than have it posted and fitted here I thought it would be a good excuse to get the car used and have a couple of nights in Bruges too. Looking forward to it! 

• Like 1

+1 for the Carnewal GT, particularly if enhanced soundtrack is your primary objective. The route to his workshop in Belgium is relatively straight forward, and combined with a weekend in Ghent or Bruges it is a great experience :) 

If you can't make it then as mentioned above you can have the exhaust shipped to the UK and yours sent back once swapped over, but I'd recommend getting Gert to do it if possible, as he has the tools, parts and experience to sort any issues with no fuss (like the inevitable rusted on bolts/clamps).

Another for Carnewal...a cost effective solution, and not too much faff if you go the route of having it installed in the UK, you sending the old system back to him etc

• 3 weeks later...
On 15/11/2021 at 20:25, Blissya said:

I’m going for Carnewal, rather than have it posted and fitted here I thought it would be a good excuse to get the car used and have a couple of nights in Bruges too. Looking forward to it! 

Pleased with the result, it’s a nicer sound on start up and when in the higher revs but fine when cruising. Gert has a great place and it didn’t take him long at all. Very easy trip, good excuse for two nights in Bruges. 

shame about the added £55 for a cv19 test on return but hey ho, at least it was a negative. 

• Like 1