Saved by Zunsport grille!

DJMC

M6 today and a small UFO flew across lane 2 toward my car in lane three. Disappeared under the car with a thump! A few seconds later I passed a truck carrying logs.

When I reached my destination I found a 4" pointed stave of wood stuck in the l/h rad grille, point first. I wiggled it free and wondered what damage it would have done had it hit the rad. Grille was undamaged too which surprised me as I was doing 60mph. 

Looking under the car, the "thump" was the object striking one of the offside underbody panels where it had grazed some of the (presumably) glass fibre matting loose as it exited. I'll glue this back into place over the weekend. Anyone know what might be best to use for this? 

41 minutes ago, 11891952 said:

That might have just tipped me over into buying a set! Hope it didn't cause too much damage under the car.

Joe.

I'll take a photo tomorrow to show the damage before I fix it (hopefully!).

• 3 months later...

The grilles are really great. I put a full set on my Cayman and after a drive found a long gum leaf sitting firmly on the side grille, would certainly been ingested. Invaluable!

• 3 years later...
On 04/05/2020 at 14:49, TritonII said:

No worries, found them, made in the UK!! :1_grinning:

Was the first ‘mod’ I made to mine the day I bought it and got it home 👍🏻

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • Founder
42 minutes ago, pandalf said:

PCGB and TIPEC members get discount. I have had these on both my Caymans. They are dead easy to fit and look great. 

There’s a CaymanOC discount code too 👍🏻

• Founder
1 hour ago, Montana said:

Has the Cayman OC discount code been updated, I tried both PC09 and CM17 a few weeks ago and neither were accepted.

We're following up with Zunsport at the moment, hopefully we'll have an updated code for members shortly.  We've had a couple of members querying the code not working recently.  I suspect that others have given up and found a code elsewhere on the internet.  

Bear with us, should be resolved by this evening.