Hello from Kai in Hampshire

Kai

• Administrators

Welcome along Kai! 

I think the smaller steering wheel topic was discussed actually about 3 days ago, sure one of the guys will dig the link out.  

Lovely looking car BTW!

Thanks for the intro gang. 

The steering wheel is too flat and overall too big. I'm looking for a more racy, smaller diameter version - ideally keeping the airbag. I'd like to keep it Porsche if possible. Otherwise, I'll go Momo with a Porsche centre cap :)

had a little B road blast yesterday - very impressed!!

Kai

6 hours ago, Kai said:

Thanks for the intro gang. 

The steering wheel is too flat and overall too big. I'm looking for a more racy, smaller diameter version - ideally keeping the airbag. I'd like to keep it Porsche if possible. Otherwise, I'll go Momo with a Porsche centre cap :)

had a little B road blast yesterday - very impressed!!

Kai

Hi Kai
As mentioned in the linked thread, it might be worth getting in touch with Royal steering wheels they have a good reputation and might be able to make yours smaller.
Motor looks nice, any other mods planned?

Thanks again for the welcome. 

Royal steering wheels can retrim in any colour and material but can't physically make it smaller unfortunately. 

I'll need to look for a proper smaller replacement but can't afford £1k for a gt3 wheel!!

keep your eyes peeled gang. 

Kai 

• 2 months later...

Hello gang

hope you're all well. I've been silent for a bit due to a lengthy house move from Basingstoke to Four Marks nr Alton. 

Anyway, still very pleased with the car. I've given him a full service, added a K&n filter and have the GT3 style alcantara steering wheel fitted. 

Next plans are for a couple of cosmetic touches which I need you advice on:

1. I want to replace the side "gills" with gt4 style intakes which stick out more and seem to grab more air in. Any suggestions?

2. I want to replace the front grill vanes with a mesh to prevent leaves and stones entering the radiator space. I'm guessing a mesh won't have any effect on airflow but again, suggestions gratefully received. 

3. At Christmas, I will be looking at an exhaust system as a present. I want more power and some noise but need to stay track limit safe. Any ideas?

thanks in advance - look forward to your ideas. 

All the best

Kai 

• Founder

Hi Kai, 

Where did you get the Alcantara wheel from?  

My thoughts on your questions; 

1. Not sure i've ever seen a product available, i'm 99% sure the actual GT4 item won't fit on a Gen1 car.  

2. Have you looked at the grills that Zunsport make for the Cayman, a few members on here have bought them and they offer CaymanOC members a discount.  Theres a thread on the forum with the discount code.  

3. Carnewal exhaust is a great upgrade!! :) 

Cheers Beanoir

Royal Steering Wheels covered my steering wheel with alcantara plus the yellow stripe like the GT3 wheel. I still think it's a bit too big but it feels and looks a lot better than before. 

I will look into the grill and exhaust - thanks. 

Kai

• Like 1

On 25/09/2016 at 09:39, Kai said:

Cheers Beanoir

Royal Steering Wheels covered my steering wheel with alcantara plus the yellow stripe like the GT3 wheel. I still think it's a bit too big but it feels and looks a lot better than before. 

I will look into the grill and exhaust - thanks. 

Kai

Hi Kai,

If you don't mind me asking, how much did this cost you?

Greg.

It's about £120 plus a deposit of £200 for an exchange steering wheel. You get to the £200 back when you send your old one to them. 

Piece of cake and really good quality work. 

Kai 

• Founder
35 minutes ago, GregD2016 said:

I rang Royal today, unfortunately they lost their spare 987/997 Gen 2 wheel so I can't get it done :( Unless anyone has a spare on here that I could borrow for a while...?

Do you use your car as a daily?