Gt4 intakes for 987.1?

Kai

Hi all. 

I really like the extended intakes on the GT4 and would like something similar for my early 987. Anyone know if there is one to buy?

dont think the GT4 parts would fit.....

cheers

Kai

I really like the look of them too and Ive found something online similar for a gen 1. from china (of course). they a bit too flat for my liking, Id like them a bit deeper and curvy to suit the flowing curves of the Cayman. I think they were about £300 a pair and were siliconed on. I'm not keen on doing this and paint costs are on top. I might try and source a second hand set of side grills and see about making my own, either out of pressed aluminium or glass fibre, then make then clamp on to the grills..

I wonder if the ram air effect will enhance the air intake pressure when driving at 69.9 miles an hr.

I also found a half scoop that cups the rear of the grills, they look quite racey, like them.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Bushman said:

I really like the look of them too and Ive found something online similar for a gen 1. from china (of course). they a bit too flat for my liking, Id like them a bit deeper and curvy to suit the flowing curves of the Cayman. I think they were about £300 a pair and were siliconed on. I'm not keen on doing this and paint costs are on top. I might try and source a second hand set of side grills and see about making my own, either out of pressed aluminium or glass fibre, then make then clamp on to the grills..

I wonder if the ram air effect will enhance the air intake pressure when driving at 69.9 miles an hr.

I also found a half scoop that cups the rear of the grills, they look quite racey, like them.

Share the wealth my friend, these sound quite interesting 

19 hours ago, Bushman said:

Ebay listing. used. £330. half scoops for 987. cant find the others, when I do I will post.

Yeh they are being sold by Ryan from Garage Midnight I think. Unsure why he didn't put them on his cayman when he painted it blue tbh. But i bought my Joe toth rear diffuser from him and everything went very smoothly.

• Like 1

• Founder

I'm not sure the full GT4 scoops really work on the 987.  The 981 has a very different shape down the door leading into the side intakes that the 987 doesn't have.  

1085939d1472835272-gt4-style-side-scoops

you're right Beanoir, they don't match at all. If I can find the ones off ebay again, I'll post a pic. they were for a gen 1 and looked really good from side on but looked a bit flat from the front. I think the half scoops look the dogs bit are really too rich for me. I shall probably end up modelling and making a set.